bars in key west

cary1306

Key West is a 2x4 mile island with 331 bars, not including restaurants, This from our tour guide Beau on our pub crawl last week. You'll need a lot of shirts.

We went to

The Bacardi Rum Tree Bar

The Flying Monkeys Saloon

The Schooner Wharf Bar

The Lazy Gecko

and Ricks

Key West is a 2x4 mile island with 331 bars, not including restaurants, This from our tour guide Beau on our pub crawl last week. You'll need a lot of shirts.

We went to

The Bacardi Rum Tree Bar

The Flying Monkeys Saloon

The Schooner Wharf Bar

The Lazy Gecko

and Ricks

That is a great bit of trivia. It is the Conch Republic after all.

i have been to key west and going back. i wanted to make a t shirt with a list of all the bars. do you know them?:D

Not a chance. I live here and don't even know all the bars. Although the island is only 4 miles long and 1.3 miles wide at it's widest point, the bars are, in some cases, stacked upon each other. I don't know if the number 331 is accurate or not because the number changes every time I hear it, but it is definitely at least in the high 200s.

• 1 month later...
I believe Schooner Wharf (a place not to be missed) has shirts with all the dog bars, of which they are one. Dog bars are bars that welcome man's best friend along with their people.

And you have to stop in and listen to a set or two by Michael McCloud. He is only there during the days, but he is a Key West fixture.

Good Sailing

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
Look's like there could be a Genesis World record challenge here!!!

Drink one drink in every Key West Bar in one month's time .;):D

#2 puts you at the La Concha Hotel so that's many of the touristy bars on lower Duval; Sloppy's, Captain Tonys on Green, ths Smallest Bar in Key West, Margeritaville, the Porch, Hard Rock

#6 puts you near the Hemingway House, Lighthouse and museum, Bahama Village, Audubon house for sight-seeing, and the Green Parrot at Green and kelly's at Caroline.

#8's the biggie as it puts you at the Bight for Alonzo's, the Boathouse, the Conch Republic Seafood Co (AKA The Conch Farm) the Schooner Wharf, Turtle Kraals, and the Half Shell.

Good thing they're driving.

Pjk

#2 puts you at the La Concha Hotel so that's many of the touristy bars on lower Duval; Sloppy's, Captain Tonys on Green, ths Smallest Bar in Key West, Margeritaville, the Porch, Hard Rock

#6 puts you near the Hemingway House, Lighthouse and museum, Bahama Village, Audubon house for sight-seeing, and the Green Parrot at Green and kelly's at Caroline.

#8's the biggie as it puts you at the Bight for Alonzo's, the Boathouse, the Conch Republic Seafood Co (AKA The Conch Farm) the Schooner Wharf, Turtle Kraals, and the Half Shell.

Good thing they're driving.

Pjk

Thanks for the info.

Archived