how far canada place to vancouver airport???

only1deejay

Yes you can take it from downtown to the airport. There is a stop at the train station not far from the Pan Pacific where the cruises leave from. Cost is 5-6 bucks if I remember correctly. The hotels at the airport are just as expensive as downtown though. A night at the Fairmont attached to the airport will set you back 250-300 depending on the season.

The Holiday Inns near the Airport are from $100 to $120 per night Canadian.

They are nothing fancy just small hotels but OK for a night.There are many hotels surrounding the airport area.Go to "trip Advisor" they are all listed there.

Also in Vancouver you can get better pricing if you don't wont a posh hotel for instance there is a clean hotel built in the 1990's YWCA clean and very good value with double private accommodation right down town.

I've used the Sky train on my last couple of cruises and its a fantastic way to get from the ship to the airport as long as you don't have a large amount of luggage. Cheap and fast, I'll use it every time now.

Can I take the skytrain from canada place downtown directly to vancouver airport?? it seems the hotels are cheaper outside of downtown area....thanks.

Yes, you can. it goes directly from the airport; to Waterfront station, a couple of blocks from Canada Place.

When you're looking at hotels, consider the 'City Hall' area (Broadway & Cambie), it's a little cheaper, but still on that subway line.

Walk and travel time on the Canada Line or taxi is about the same...35 mins. The big difference is cost the Canada Line is $8.75 (CDN only) pp from YVR to Waterfront Station compared to about $35 for a cab. The Canada Line works wonderfully provided you have reasonable mobility and can handle all of your own luggage. Incidentally the return fare from Waterfront Station to YVR is only $3.75 (CDN only) pp.

Hello. The distances is approx 20 Kilometers (15 miles) and you can take the Skytrain which is about 200 yards from Canada Place to the airport. If you need to change trains it is easy, easy. Cost will be under 10 dollars and a nice, safe ride which takes you right into the airport

Scott - while the Broadway and Cambie corridor would be cheaper there are only two hotels the Holiday Inn and I beleive its now called the the Park Place in the area as the Plaza 500 is being converted into an Indigo brand and i dont know when it will reopen so there isnt much of a choice to choose from.

Just a thought

Cheers

Dennis

Archived