Whoa.... A LOT of Posts

sail7seas

I read on another forum, that CC is approaching 30 million posts and we'll likely reach that number before the end of the year.

Wouldn't it be fun if CC has a tracking program that can identify which was the 'magic' post that achieved that number?

I wonder how many posts, on average, there are per day on Cruise Critic.

What a great forum we have to enjoy.

IMO

That is very interesting. I know for fact you have done your share and they are all wonderful. It was great meeting you and your DH recently. You know my feelings about this forum and in your words I think you said I need to get a new life or something like that. Can you feel the excitement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Colakid

That is very interesting. I know for fact you have done your share and they are all wonderful. It was great meeting you and your DH recently. You know my feelings about this forum and in your words I think you said I need to get a new life or something like that. Can you feel the excitement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Colakid

:) We very much enjoyed meeting you, as well.

Happy we 'happened' upon each other in the way we did. :D

TheKuhnFamily

I wonder if it's this one...

I HOPE so. :)

As of a few seconds ago, there are 29,800,496 posts and they are being added at about 12,780 per day. So if you post a whole lot on Dec 23 you could be the 30 millionth! Also, just FYI CC is currently gaining around 396 members and 560 threads per day. The HAL forum adds about 25 threads and 430 posts per day. :D

As of a few seconds ago, there are 29,800,496 posts and they are being added at about 12,780 per day. So if you post a whole lot on Dec 23 you could be the 30 millionth! Also, just FYI CC is currently gaining around 396 members and 560 threads per day. The HAL forum adds about 25 threads and 430 posts per day. :D

IMPRESSIVE , John.....

Great statistics.

Thanks for sharing them.

I think it's really interesting.

I wish your post would have been 'the one'.

IMPRESSIVE , John.....

Great statistics.

Thanks for sharing them.

I think it's really interesting.

I wish your post would have been 'the one'.

You can get the instantaneous numbers down at the bottom of THIS PAGE , just above Today's Birthdays.

Total posts now 29,800,845

math error - new posts are currently running 10,400 per day, so my amended estimate of the 30 millionth is Dec 27 ... unless a lot of people "take the day off" on the 25th, and then it could go over to the 28th. :o :)

Actually -- if this site had not gone down a couple of times a few years ago -- the site would be over 30,000,000 posts.

Hundreds of us lost 3 - 4 thousand posts each.

That is true. I remember losing something around 4,000 posts.

Also, when CC was down for updating and when there were 'glitches', there were days of no posting.

It will happen when it will happen!!!! It's just fun watching the counter go up and speculate when it the 'bell will ring'. :)

Archived