tell me about the obstructed view cabins on quest

dfishner

I went in one when I was on the Journey am looking at cabin 6036 on Quest can you see outside it seems the cabins is between two of the life boats. Can anyone make a recommendations of which cabin with the obstructed view is better.. As I said I was in one of the cabins and I thought the cabin was fine just trying to fiqure out which is the best will be on the quest on 4/21/2013 thanks

We have sailed in cabin 6046, which is the first of the obstucted view. It has good natural light & a good tunnel vision view, there being a straight outside wall on the left & the aft of the tender on the right. There isn't really a feeling of looking through a key hole & when the tender is in use the view is pleasant. I would choose this over 3036 as it is also more mid ship. Hope that helps . As an aside my husband loves the cabin & has booked it again for 2012 --- the 3rd time!! Have a great cruise which ever cabin you choose

I just booked my first Azamara cruise, but I have sailed two times previously in obstructed view Cabin 6033, the one most fore, on Oceania's Nautica and Regatta, the same old "R" ship class as Quest, and because it is above the small Zodiac rather than right beside a large life boat, the only obstruction was the davit holding the Zodiac up. The boat itself was just below the large "picture" window, so we thought this was great.

well looking at the cabin from the outside of the ship it looks like 6046 has a better view so decided to switch my cabin to that one thanks so much. I did take a look at one of the obstructed view cabin and actually thought it was well laid out except for it being a little smaller and we really do not spend to much time in our cabin anyway,.. the saved $$$ can go for excrusions and Tapas in Spain

Dale, I do not understand your thinking (the tunnel vision of 1/2 of a lifeboat obstruction versus nothing but a slender davit), to each his own, but I certainly agree with your allocation of your vacation dollars when sailing on a port-intensive itinerary on shore excursions. We only sleep, shower and dress in our cabins, so cabin size is not our priority.

Happy sailing!

Dale, I do not understand your thinking (the tunnel vision of 1/2 of a lifeboat obstruction versus nothing but a slender davit), to each his own, but I certainly agree with your allocation of your vacation dollars when sailing on a port-intensive itinerary on shore excursions. We only sleep, shower and dress in our cabins, so cabin size is not our priority.

Happy sailing!

Now you have me re thinking my decision LOL since I did not see the outsides of either cabin not sure which would of been better but you do make sense so will think about and thank you for your reply I do appreciate it.

• 1 month later...

I chose one of the cabins between lifeboats on my last Journey cruise and while the view was nice be warned that there is a catwalk there and there seemed to be a crew member out there every day.

It's very startling to think you're alone in your room and there's suddenly a man standing outside your window. :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Azamara Quest in November and were booked in 6039 obstructed outside. This wasn't a problem to us as there was a reasonable gap between lifeboats and allowed plenty of light into the cabin. As mentioned by another post, when the tender was being used it was possible to see more. The cabin was by no means small and I wouldn't sacrifice an outside obstructed to take a larger inside as was suggested by another member.

• 3 months later...
I just booked my first Azamara cruise, but I have sailed two times previously in obstructed view Cabin 6033, the one most fore, on Oceania's Nautica and Regatta, the same old "R" ship class as Quest, and because it is above the small Zodiac rather than right beside a large life boat, the only obstruction was the davit holding the Zodiac up. The boat itself was just below the large "picture" window, so we thought this was great.

I came on here specifically looking for advice on 6033 & 6030 and found it thanks to your post.

Archived