Are There Stand Up Paddle Boards Puerto Costa Maya?

Costa Maya Cruiser

I am going on a Carnival cruise in January to Costa Maya. I learned to ride a stand up paddle board this summer in Florida and loved it. I want to find an excursion while I am there that offers stand up paddling on the Caribbean. I talked to a friend who recently made a cruise stop at that port. She did see some red paddle boards there but can't remember the name of the excursion. Can anyone tell me if they have done SUP boards in Costa Maya? What tour company was offering the excursion? :confused:

• 1 month later...

As a follow up to the post before my cruise to Costa Maya about stand up paddle boards, I want to let everyone know there are paddle boards in Mahahual. I found the people on the beach with paddle boards and had a great lesson and wonderful paddle experience. They call themselves Undertoe (or Undertow) Mexico, I forget which way it is spelled. The women were really helpful and patient. I can recommend the activity to anyone wanting to do something different on the water. I booked a day at the Nochoch Kay and the paddle boards were right there. The beach club food and drinks were awesome and the waiters provided great service. They don't allow all the trinket sellers to bother the guests on the beach so it was relaxing. Had a massage under the palm trees too - it was a great day! Ready for my next cruise!

Hola, Whumcruise. I see you are asking about paddle board lessons in Costa Maya. Since my last post I found the business card for the women in Mahahual I paddled with on my cruise. The name of the company is really cute - UnderToe Mexico. And, yes, they teach you everything you need to know to get on the board and have a great time. The water in the Caribbean is very warm and clear turquoise blue. There are a lot of fish there and eagle rays to see when you are paddling. Look them up in from of Nohoch Kay restaurant (this place serves the best fish tacos). Have fun!:)

We were in Costa Maya in December and went paddle boarding with two great ladies names Carolyn and Susan. I have never paddle boarded before so they gave me a lesson and after I felt comfortable, I was paddling all over the little bay. I guess you can just rent the boards or get a lesson for the same price. I think we paid $20 or $30 for a lesson. It was well worth it. We have since been back to Costa Maya and love it!

Archived