Dream Nora Viro thing ?

I did put this in the Clarkson post which now should be dead :D

any news anyone ? OR is everyone still ill ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone been reading the Dream reviews ,a few cases of norovirus reported at Tenerife :eek: Hope the crossing to Carib was ok any news anyone ?

Stevie

Have family in the cruise at the min, they fly home from Barbados on Sunday. Mum and dad have a few text from them saying how much they are enjoying it. Never mentioned anything about illness or anything!

I did put this in the Clarkson post which now should be dead :D

any news anyone ? OR is everyone still ill ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone been reading the Dream reviews ,a few cases of norovirus reported at Tenerife :eek: Hope the crossing to Carib was ok any news anyone ?

Stevie

TBH stevie can`t say i`m shocked if there was an outbreak of novo.In my experience on the Dream I found Thomson to be very lax in comparison to OV when it came to the hand gel stations.On OV these were manned at restaurants so no passenger got past without using the gel.One of the few places this occurs on the Dream is when you board after being onshore I know its common sense and passengers should no better to use the gel at all times but that ain`t the case. I witnessed many peole walking past the hand gel station without using them,witnessed some passengers actually lift food with their hands,gel stations empty of gel

I agree with Jim regarding OVs vigilance but surely passengers are ultimately responsible. The ship doesn't have novovirus, passengers bring it on board. I have seen many people on both OV and Thomson ships not using the hand gel, handling food directly and not washing their hands after using the toilet. I have made loud comments in their hearing and some take notice but not all. Before boarding a plane for an OV cruise every passenger had to sign a declaration that they had not been ill in the last 48 hours but I'm sure many lied!!

My husband and I were on the Dream 25 November. Although my husband did contract Norovirus we do not in any way blame the ship. Passengers were ignoring the hand gels and handling food. The Crew perhaps should have been more vigilant at the beginning. However I must say we were treated well and the ship was spotless. I would like to assure future passengers that the crew are doing all they can to avoid this happening again. Its a lovely ship and the crew and entertainment are excellent.

Archived