hoping for upsell on Magic 1/16/11

GoingPlacesSoon

I am currently booked in 7357 (balcony stateroom), on cruise with my sister to celebrate her 60th birthday. Would love to hear from the upsell fairy. Some say to look for an email. My TA said Carnival is not known for upgrades. When I called Carnival, they said they have OS available. Now what do I do? I might be interested in upsell, should I hope for an email?

I am currently booked in 7357 (balcony stateroom), on cruise with my sister to celebrate her 60th birthday. Would love to hear from the upsell fairy. Some say to look for an email. My TA said Carnival is not known for upgrades. When I called Carnival, they said they have OS available. Now what do I do? I might be interested in upsell, should I hope for an email?

Carnival has pretty much done away with free upgrades and the upsell fairy is unpredictable at best.........nothing for you to do to enhance your chances.......and it's kind of like the old saying "A watched pot never boils".......get into the planning and packing mode and try not to think too much about it.......

I wouldn't think Carnival would be contacting you directly if you booked with a TA..........so make sure that your TA knows that you are willing to consider all upsell offers and make sure your TA knows all of your contact numbers.....those offers don't stay on the table long.

First I have never been contacted for a upsell, not once, so dont expect one.

I have seen emails mostly used for lower categories, where they send them out, for $40 you can move to from a inside to a OV or to the highest cat inside, that kind of upsell.

For those moving from balconies to a suite, they seem to call for those and do those first.

Do know the price you could have booked that suite in the first place, because some of the offers are at prices you could have paid to book it yourself.

Archived