Wait and see or make a call.........???

msfish

We are booked on the Crown 4/21, our 1st with Princess, my boyfriend booked a mini-suite AA guarantee, not really knowing the difference between a mini and a full suite, as we get closer to the cruise he is thinking that the "suite-life" would be a better choice. ( our last cruise on HAL was a suite)

My question is, what is the likelihood of an upgrade to a full suite? If he will not be happy would you recommend a call to Princess to upgrade ourselves now or wait until closer to the sail date?

Thanks in advance for the advice :)

If you really want/need a full suite book it. Having said that, my first Princess cruise I was upgraded from a mini to a Vista Suite. It was a great surprise and a wonderful experience. I still book the category I want, sometimes a mini, sometimes a full suite. I realize it was like hitting the lottery.

Enjoy your cruise.

If you really want/need a full suite book it. Having said that, my first Princess cruise I was upgraded from a mini to a Vista Suite. It was a great surprise and a wonderful experience. I still book the category I want, sometimes a mini, sometimes a full suite. I realize it was like hitting the lottery.

Enjoy your cruise.

What is a vista suite? I have to say I have trouble getting a clear list of the category. On the web its looks like the cruise is selling fast, what are the big differences with VS TO PH TO OS?

Any suite perks they don't tell you about?

There aren't any extra benefits. Location and size vary amongst the different suite

Categories. You will also notice a price difference between the categories. The higher the

category, the greater the cost. So if you plan on paying the difference, vista would likely

be the cheapest. Most VS are located aft. Others may disagree, but I love the location.

Also, just a reminder that by paying for a full suite, you will receive two cruise credits versus just one. If you decide to continue to cruise with Princess this will get you to Platinum level a little bit faster.

We have paid for two suites, both VS category and we loved them at the aft of the ship.

The one perk I didn't realize was the dinner. I thought it was nice to see a copy of the dinner menu in the cabin. An early preview sort to speak. I didn't realize you could order off the menu for your cabin. Not that I would do it often, it's nice to go to the restaurants, but there may be that one day when your in port late and don't want to fuss with gettig ready, order in.

My favorite perks: Sabatini's for breakfast, thermal suite, and internet.

If you want a suite I would book one! We've booked 1/2 dozen mini suites and have never received an upgrade to a full suite. A friend of ours was recently offered to be upgraded from a mini to a full suite, however it wasn't gratis. I believe it was $800. A good deal if the location was good. He declined. My guess is you would be getting the most undesirable location on the ship, after all these locations would be the last to sell out. Good luck if you decide to live the "suite life"

The Crown has 28 full suites, compared to 62 full suites on HAL's Vista Class ships (I didn't include SS/SY/SZ as they do not get full suite amenities). Chances of an upgrade on Princess are MUCH smaller.

As far as suite "perks" be aware that Princess has no comparable venue to the Neptune lounge on HAL. You may want to factor that into your decision making.

Were it me and I could afford the full suite I would book it :D

The Crown has 28 full suites, compared to 62 full suites on HAL's Vista Class ships (I didn't include SS/SY/SZ as they do not get full suite amenities). Chances of an upgrade on Princess are MUCH smaller.

As far as suite "perks" be aware that Princess has no comparable venue to the Neptune lounge on HAL. You may want to factor that into your decision making.

Were it me and I could afford the full suite I would book it :D

Could you explain the Neptune lounge?

It is likely that by the time you learn that you have not been upgraded to a suite, all the suites will be booked. If you want a suite, book it.

Thanks for the advice, we took it, we are booked in a PH suite, R412, can't wait, looking forward to all the perks and as we only vacation once a year we are OK with the price!!! :)

Thanks for the advice, we took it, we are booked in a PH suite, R412, can't wait, looking forward to all the perks and as we only vacation once a year we are OK with the price!!! :)

Just to warn you, those cabins are directly under the pool deck and some posters have reported considerable issues with noise, from dragging furniture and from footsteps, running, walking, playing ping pong . . . . In addition, I believe that the balconies of those Riviera deck suites aren't as big -- long but quite narrow. If it were me, I'd go with the aft Vista Suites or the aft PH.

Could you explain the Neptune lounge?

From HAL's website:

A very special amenity exclusively for guests cruising in a Deluxe Verandah Suite or Penthouse Verandah Suite, the industry-leading Neptune Lounge features a private place to relax, socialize with other suite guests and enjoy the personalized service of a concierge. The fleet-wide lounges provide worktables, large screen television, library, sofas and chairs, refreshments throughout the day and wi-fi for a small charge. One-Touch 24-hour Concierge Service is available when the Neptune Lounge is closed.

Archived