The worth of cruise reports/reviews.

bazzaw

They must have been long cruises ave 29.6 nights.

Yep Thied you are right there... My parents were complete cruise addicts:),

Included in that lot were 4 x Asian cruises (one which included a 7 day stopover in Hong Kong ('cause she needed to unload cargo) and one which involved a circumnavigation of Australia before proceeding to Asia and return), plus 1 x Hawaii and 1 x Tahiti.

I missed a lot of school but still managed to turn out OK;)

The rest were shorter but you also have to remember that in those days the average cruise length was longer (usually 14 - 18 - 21 days for a standard Pacific cruise). My shortest cruise was my first cruise (just 5 days) to Melbourne return.

I suppose you have to do a long cruise to want to use the gym. My next cruise will be 31 nights on Arcadia this February. I think the worst thing to bring home is a "fat gut" I just could not live with that! So it will be my standard 5km run morning and evening on that ship plus avoiding the lifts.

From what I have seen in the past the gym gets plenty of use, but then again I am normally only ever on long cruises.

Now we have moved onto a interesting topic. What we like on our ships...obviously Sutho is a young energetic bloke the rest of us commenting are "slightly" more mature LOL. I have the enviable record of never setting foot in the gym unless I had to walk through it...I love ships with gyms, climbing walls, ice skating rinks and lots of pools...why because I dont use any of them but it keeps a lot of passengers occupied and out of my hair....

My favourite cruise activity is sitting on a balcony if I am lucky or a nice quiet place in the open but in the shade on a high deck with a great book and a cold drink and watching the sparkling ocean fizz past the sides of the ship...aaah lovely. I am looking forward to the Med cruise this year because the ship is very small, classic and has open deck for dining.

"middle age is when you finally get your head together and your body falls apart"

Sue

I love my post cruise "fat gut".

Actually I went to the gym on this NYE cruise. Even did a stretch and abs class. That was the first morning. It had the desired effect. Dirty gym gear. Didn't need to go back :p :p :p

What we like is a balcony cabin (sliding door please!), a library with a mix of books from the serious ones you have put off reading to airport style pot boilers, an open deck area with shade where you can eat a snack lunch and play backgammon in between occasional bouts of swimming on fine days, a theartre/cabaret lounge with comfortable chairs and somewhere to put the cocktails, a gym with a pilates class and a relaxing intimate bar for pre dinner drinks. My favourite deck area is the Pacific Princess - especially the outdoor dining area off the buffet and the shaded area near the BBQ/ Grill.

Colleen

I love my post cruise "fat gut".

Actually I went to the gym on this NYE cruise. Even did a stretch and abs class. That was the first morning. It had the desired effect. Dirty gym gear. Didn't need to go back :p :p :p

Agreed! They're not the most pleasant of places. :D Public transport is bad enough!

Archived