Will we make our flight?

laedw

We are cruising on the Majesty of the Seas in May, 2012. The ship is scheduled to disembark in Miami, FL at 7 a.m. If we book our American Airlines return flight out of Miami to Chicago for 10:55 a.m., will we make our flight? Or, should we book a later flight?

We had no issue last year on the Liberty. We just did the self disbarkment as mentioned and rolled all our luggage off the ship to a waiting van cab and was at the airport with 2 hours to spare!

I think we were able to get off the ship around 6 to 6:30am so that helped too. Miami's port was easy on easy off.

I can only tell you about the experience I had when due to fog, my ship was delayed in arriving at the home port by four hours. The airline would not give me another seat for two days and I had to pay $1600 for two seats to return to my home on the same day. It just isn't worth the rush.

I would book a later flight (after 12 noon). This will allow for some unforseen things such as delay in reaching port/delay in Custom clearance/lost bag (misplaced bag). I would do walk off if you stick to this flight plan. Also MIA is a very busy place once everyone gets there so walk off would give you advantage.

Archived