February weather - Catalina, Ensenada, Long Beach

February is typically our coldest month here in San Diego. It's about the only month when it rains (quite a bit) and is usually in the high 50s/low 60s when the sun is out. That's on land. You add on the wind of a moving ship and you will definitely be cold. Not likely to waterslide! Bring lots of jackets, gloves, hats and be prepared to spend most of your time indoors when the ship is moving.

Katherine

If it were today and the next 2-3 days, you'd love it . . . 9 degrees above normal. :)

I will agree with the previous poster. It can be a bit "nippy" at sea furing February even in Sunny Southern California. :rolleyes:

BohemianDoll, I'll be on the same cruise with you. :)

I was on the Paradise last year during the same week (President's week). It was sunny, but the server said that we were lucky because it was raining since Christmas. It hasn't been raining this year so let's hope it will be that way. I thought it was a bit cold (windy) for swimming but there were a lot of people in the pool area, pretty much all day long, for the entire week. I needed a jacket when I went to the front of the ship.

We sailed the Splendor out of Long Beach on 2/27/11. It was very cool until we got to Cabo. It was very nice there and PV but otherwise too cold for slides or pools on the ship. We still had a fantastic time though!!

BohemianDoll, I'll be on the same cruise with you. :)

I was on the Paradise last year during the same week (President's week). It was sunny, but the server said that we were lucky because it was raining since Christmas. It hasn't been raining this year so let's hope it will be that way. I thought it was a bit cold (windy) for swimming but there were a lot of people in the pool area, pretty much all day long, for the entire week. I needed a jacket when I went to the front of the ship.

YAY! Finally another person on our cruise.. I was wondering if we had the ship to ourselves? :D Boy.. am I ever counting down the days..

Thanks for everyone's insight.. you've helped a lot!

Archived