"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Jan 7, 2012

Radio

Rats! Thanks for the response! I thought that might have been a fun night "out" for DH and I.

Safe Travels,

Sam :D

We did the Mystery Dinner in 2010 on the Explorer and it was a fabulous evening! If you ever find yourself on a ship w/ a Portofino's I highly recommend trying it. I think it was $49/pp and worth every penny :D

We did the Mystery Dinner in 2010 on the Explorer and it was a fabulous evening! If you ever find yourself on a ship w/ a Portofino's I highly recommend trying it. I think it was $49/pp and worth every penny :D

It's either always been booked or we thought it was too expensive, but now that we're ready to go it's not available! LOL It figures! I was a little excited about it! Next time perhaps. Maybe they'll add a Portofinos in dry dock in December and we can do it when we sail NEXT March? Who knows!

Thanks so much for the response! Enjoy your next cruise!

It's either always been booked or we thought it was too expensive, but now that we're ready to go it's not available! LOL It figures! I was a little excited about it! Next time perhaps. Maybe they'll add a Portofinos in dry dock in December and we can do it when we sail NEXT March? Who knows!

Thanks so much for the response! Enjoy your next cruise!

I booked online as soon as they opened the specialty dining reservations up. I think they tend to fill up very quickly.

Counting down the days ;)

Karen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey radio (or anyone that can answer),

I know for large ships pilots board the ship to bring them into the port, however I am not familiar with the Baltimore area (or any ports really). My question is how come for the baltimore port the pilot boards the ship so far away from the port? Looking at the pic below it seams hours before it is to be docked. Is this usually the same for other ports, say in NY or FL, or is the baltimore area tricky?

Thanks!

Chesapeake Bay Pilot pick up at Cape Henry

V2.JPG

Hey radio (or anyone that can answer),

I know for large ships pilots board the ship to bring them into the port, however I am not familiar with the Baltimore area (or any ports really). My question is how come for the baltimore port the pilot boards the ship so far away from the port? Looking at the pic below it seams hours before it is to be docked. Is this usually the same for other ports, say in NY or FL, or is the baltimore area tricky?

Thanks!

They pick up Chesapeake Bay Pilots for the Transit up and down the Chesapeake Bay.

The Bay has alot of shipping traffic with bulk freight containers. All ships will have a pilot for the 7 hour trip in the Bay. It is much like the journey to New Orleans when ships (Cruise and Freight) are required to have a pilot in the Mississipi River. . .

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Radio do you have any updates on the status of Enchantment ? I really hope everyone is making the best of it and enjoying the Florida sunshine' date=' although it is very nice is Maryland today as well....[/quote']

I have no updates. . .I may have some later but will not post them here.

I will make a New thread. . .

Radio

;);)

They pick up Chesapeake Bay Pilots for the Transit up and down the Chesapeake Bay.

The Bay has alot of shipping traffic with bulk freight containers. All ships will have a pilot for the 7 hour trip in the Bay. It is much like the journey to New Orleans when ships (Cruise and Freight) are required to have a pilot in the Mississipi River. . .

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thank you Radio!

i saw a picture that indicated that the solarium would be open to kids for a brief visit on the colder sea days. This is good news for me, but I wanted to see if you noticed folks getting up in arms about this.

Hoping to get my son in for a dip but only if they open it up to children.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Radio - It's Emile from the Silhouette roll call. Now I can see why you have such a following and why your reputation precedes you. In fact you had about 80 replies before you even boarded the Enchantment! See you on the Silhouette...

• 10 months later...

Archived