Gorgeous!

cgast89

We just returned from a week-long cruise on Carnival and fell in love with Roatan!! I was a little leery of our stop here but it was the best one of the cruise. We ziplined and snorkeled & the countryside is absolutely breathtaking! I highly recommend getting off the ship and checking out this wonderful vacation spot.

What did you do in Roatan? My husband and I are traveling with our 2 daughters (6 and 8) and my parents. My father has problems with his knees and cannot walk long distances, so alot of the excursioins are out for us. We are looking for a nice beach to spend the day. We need lounge chairs and umbrellas and would like to have some tropical drinks! Any suggestions on the best places to go? What about Mahogony Bay?

We just returned from a week-long cruise on Carnival and fell in love with Roatan!! I was a little leery of our stop here but it was the best one of the cruise. We ziplined and snorkeled & the countryside is absolutely breathtaking! I highly recommend getting off the ship and checking out this wonderful vacation spot.

Did you do the Zip n Dip tour with Bodden tours? We are thinking of doing that when we cruise there in April.

Glad Roatan is one of the cruise ship stops. A friend of mine has been there several times (cruise ship and stayed for a week in a resort). She's going again this year and staying in a house. I asked her how much her plane ticket would be and she said about $800! Yikes... :eek:. Hopefully, she will get it cheaper though. She just absolutely loves Roatan and I'm sure I will too. Can't wait to go.... :)

I have been going down from Denver, Colorado for eleven years. I have paid as much as $950 and as little as $500 but mostly the price runs between $750 and $800. There are direct flight from Houston, and Atlanta for sure and maybe from Miami and New Jersey was once in the mix as well but I no longer remember if is is now.

There are times of the year the direct flights are several days a week, the week day prices are better, usually. The flights in Sat and Sun are fairly consistent year round and generally more expensive.

It maybe possible to get a better flight price by making an addition connection on the mainland, I have done it twice before the direct flights were running and both times it went amiss on me.

I know people that get a very good deal by flying through San Salvador but the idea of spending SO much time traveling makes my teeth itch. :)

I get on a plane in Denver as 6am and am on the beach by 2p. :D

Archived