Breaking news: Costa Concordia in deep problems!

Topo Gigio

Hard to tell in the dark, but Cruise and Blog Radio just posted on Facebook a night picture that looks like she's completely laid over on her side now with half the bridge under water.

Praying that they got everyone off in time.

vacruizer,

I downloaded that pic and tweaked it in LR3; if that's her she's well over half way under water and more than 90 degrees tilted. All I can really make out is that it's a ship of similar design.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone on this ship.

The one thing I feel has never been properly addressed at the muster drill is, in a real emergency do you actually go back to your cabin for your lifejacket then try and get back to the lifeboats? I can't imagine 3000 people doing this in any kind of orderly manner. Shouldn't the jackets be kept by the lifeboats?

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone on this ship.

The one thing I feel has never been properly addressed at the muster drill is, in a real emergency do you actually go back to your cabin for your lifejacket then try and get back to the lifeboats? I can't imagine 3000 people doing this in any kind of orderly manner. Shouldn't the jackets be kept by the lifeboats?

I do listen to the muster drill and on RCI last time I specifically remember them saying to go directly to the muster station and life jackets would be provided to those that don't have them.

He's also got the one I tweaked, but he didn't expose it or increase light. I sure hope it's not really her; if so she's history.

My last Carnival cruise, Glory in Nov. we were told at the drill in an emergency to get your lifejacket from your cabin then report to your muster station. And if you had children at camp to get their lifejacket but not to go to the camp as the children would be taken directly to their muster station by crew members.

My last Carnival cruise, Glory in Nov. we were told at the drill in an emergency to get your lifejacket from your cabin then report to your muster station. And if you had children at camp to get their lifejacket but not to go to the camp as the children would be taken directly to their muster station by crew members.

This is what I remember being told also but it never made sense to me.I hope and pray everyone made it off the ship.I feel so bad for everyone on that ship and the families of all the passengers and crew.

I do listen to the muster drill and on RCI last time I specifically remember them saying to go directly to the muster station and life jackets would be provided to those that don't have them.

Yes, and the last thing I'd do on a listing ship in that situation is go below !

I get your point. But the way they're being done is stupid. Sitting in the theatre with no life vest and sipping your drink and talking during the drill doesn't amount to squat.

It seems the drills are handled differently on various ships now. Before everyone put on vests, and everyone went out on deck and stood in the hot sun, or even rain. Now on some you sit in a lounge at first, but then still go to the actual station, and stand for a bit. On others you sit in a lounge for the entire drill.

I also found that a bit strange. I also made it a point to actually go, and find where my station was actually located. Just in case.

I love the fact that we no longer have to wear the life jackets for a drill. But if it were my 1st, or even 2nd cruise, I would locate them in the cabin, and practice putting one on. Again, just in case.

What an awful experience. Prayers go out for all the passengers.

Archived