"LIVE" From the Allure of the Seas - 15 - 22 January 2012

Terrible News Everyone!

Judith and I have gone over to the "Dark Side"

We like the Roast Beef Sandwiches in the Park Cafe' so much that we skipped the Windjammer entirely for lunch!

DSCN4246.jpg

I had two and a bowl of Potato Leek Soup!

Judith had one and a fruit cup

I forgot to mention that check in was the best ever!

We were in the building about 10:45, went directly to the check in desk, got our sea passes, met up with some friends, waited about 15 minutes in the holding area and were on the ship by 11:15 am.

We went straight to the Park Cafe' and were the second couple in.

But 20 minutes later, there was a long line waiting...

DSCN4247.jpg

Terrible News Everyone!

Judith and I have gone over to the "Dark Side"

We like the Roast Beef Sandwiches in the Park Cafe' so much that we skipped the Windjammer entirely for lunch!

DSCN4246.jpg

I had two and a bowl of Potato Leek Soup!

Judith had one and a fruit cup

Probably healthier than the WJ as well ;).

Hope yall have a great first day, I bet you sleep good tonight after hitting the road so early this morning!

That's it for now folks!

We are off to the Gala Mustard Drill, then the Concierge Lounge, and then dinner in Samba's Brazilian Grille.

More later...

Oh my....Samba's.....can't wait to hear all about it! I booked Samba's for my cruise next month - I'm so excited :D

This is awesome, Trainman! I'm definitely subbing in.

Our good friends, Robin and Scott, are on board with you. I saw their pics on your roll call collage (she's wearing sunglasses and a white shirt, near the back row of the pic).

I'm anxious to read about the cruise and your port days. DH and I haven't planned a thing for our upcoming B2B on Oasis! Maybe you'll give us some ideas.

Happy Sailing!

Hi Jim & Judith!

Thanks for taking us along on your cruise!! I just told Radio that I was switching channels :)

I hope to see a picture of your infamous English muffin/sausage/cream cheese/jelly (I'm trying to remember the recipe!) combination!!!

Wishing smooth seas and sunny skies.

Debbie

I forgot to mention that check in was the best ever!

We were in the building about 10:45, went directly to the check in desk, got our sea passes, met up with some friends, waited about 15 minutes in the holding area and were on the ship by 11:15 am.

We went straight to the Park Cafe' and were the second couple in.

But 20 minutes later, there was a long line waiting...

DSCN4247.jpg

Is the line for a sandwich ALWAYS like this? Why is there a mad rush day one to this place? Could you go there other times to get one?

Hey Jim and Judith!!!

That Park Cafe looks familiar! Wish we were there with you again!

Will you be meeting up with the fun lady from our cruise? (her name escapes me)

I hope you have a fabulous trip - enjoy that amazing food, service and beautiful sights. And play bingo for me!!! ha ha ha. :)

Love you both,

Ally and Squirt

Is the line for a sandwich ALWAYS like this? Why is there a mad rush day one to this place? Could you go there other times to get one?

The Park Cafe' is open all week.

The lines come and go.

They are caused by the sandwiches having fresh cut meat to order.

They are not pre-made!

The Gala Mustard Drill was a Big Flop!

Our station was the Aqua Theater. It was cold and windy and people were not dressed properly and there was lots of moaning and complaining.

DSCN4253.jpg

DSCN4254.jpg

They played the Muster Video on the screens and they had the words along the bottom. When it was finished and said "The End" everyone thought it was over so the got up to leave. The crew held everyone back and after a few minutes of waiting for the Captain to speak they cut everyone loose.

I don't think that the Captain ever did speak to us. At least I didn't hear him.

After the Mustard Drill we went up to the Concierge Lounge to meet our good friend Rev. We hung out there until about 6:15 and then we all headed for Samba's Brazilian Grill for dinner.

The dinner was excellent. The roast Lamb was Stupendous!

The dinner was almost ruined by a loud mouthed party of 6 with a screaming kid about 2 years old.While the kid was screaming, the mom and dad simply talked louder so they could be heard while ignoring the kid. I put up with it for a few minutes and then went to the Head Waiter and asked to be moved. They promptly moved us to a quiet table.

We spent several hours getting caught up on goings on since out last cruise together and had a great time. Sorry but I didn't bother to take food photos. I was long overdue for some relaxing.

Here is a photo of Judith and Rev with the Brazilian Dancer.

DSCN4262.jpg

I can't recommend Samba's Brazilian Grill highly enough! Fantastic Food and Service.

Folks I am worn out. It was a long 4 hour drive to the port and I have had lots going on the last few weeks. I am going to quit for tonight and start fresh tomorrow morning.

The internet is still very slow. It has been down most of the evening and just came back up.

More tomorrow...

You might want to skip the Windjammer all week, try breakfast at Johnny Rockets, it's no charge and the food is made after you order it and it's hot.

Jimbo:) < wasn't impressed with the Windjammer at all

Trust me Jimbo, Trainman as I will without a doubt"not" skip the WJ. He as I are both WJ fans. In fact I think Trainman and myself are equal opportunity when it comes to the eating venues onboard!:)...K.O. near Philly

After the Mustard Drill we went up to the Concierge Lounge to meet our good friend Rev. We hung out there until about 6:15 and then we all headed for Samba's Brazilian Grill for dinner.

The dinner was excellent. The roast Lamb was Stupendous!

The dinner was almost ruined by a loud mouthed party of 6 with a screaming kid about 2 years old.While the kid was screaming, the mom and dad simply talked louder so they could be heard while ignoring the kid. I put up with it for a few minutes and then went to the Head Waiter and asked to be moved. They promptly moved us to a quiet table.

We spent several hours getting caught up on goings on since out last cruise together and had a great time. Sorry but I didn't bother to take food photos. I was long overdue for some relaxing.

Here is a photo of Judith and Rev with the Brazilian Dancer.

DSCN4262.jpg

I can't recommend Samba's Brazilian Grill highly enough! Fantastic Food and Service.

As always look forward to following you around the ship. Will be on her in six weeks for our second B2B on the Amazing Allure!....K.O. Near Philly:)

Archived