Carnival cruise lines does NOT own Costa

TWELVEOHONE

OK, stop right now. there are families and other people hurting.. JUST stop.. Yes Costa, Princess, Holland, Carnival, Cunard, and many more are in this Group... Please stop the blame. and lets look at the people that are hurting and at lose right now... WE has cruise people have been so fortune it that we have cruised and loved every minute... These people are hurting right now.. and we are so blessed that it is not our family...Please stop...

Because Carnival Cruise lines is NOT Carnival Corporation. If you want to blame Carnival Corporation for not doing more that may be appropriate but blaming a Carnival Cruise line is wrong. Why not blame Pricess or Holland America, they are in the same boat as Carnival Cruise lines, an independent subsidary of Carnival Corporation.

I'm not blaming Carnival Cruises for anything. Or Carnival Corporation or Costa, for that matter. There will plenty of opportunities for assigning blame after the facts are in.

Correct.

The UK will get people home without passports too, in these circumstances as I would think most countries.

It is important NEVER to return to your stateroom JUST to pick up your passport - it's not worth risking your life for.

when boarding the ship you give the passport to cruise line. you get it back at the end of the cruise. in certain countries you get the passport back when you go ashore. when you return, you give the passpoty bacy to the ship.

when boarding the ship you give the passport to cruise line. you get it back at the end of the cruise. in certain countries you get the passport back when you go ashore. when you return, you give the passpoty bacy to the ship.

Not on all cruises. It depends on the line, itinerary, and your nationality.

Mickey Arison, the owner of the holding company, should be sending his private jet to shuttle as many passengers home as possible. He owns a Boeing 727.

As yet, Micky Arison has made no personal statement about this tragedy.

I would expect that crisis management is in full force at the Miami HQ.

I've never done that. I KEEP my passport. They are allowed to see it and record the number. That's all.

Lets make this clear, Carnival cruise lines does NOT own Costa.

CARNIVAL CORPORATION is the holding company for Coata Cruise lines, Carnival Cruise lines, Princess, Cunard, Holland America, AIDA, Ibero, and Seaborn.

As far as money, passports, etc the American Embassey (U.S. citizens) will issue replacement passports, and lend money to get them all back home.

This is why it is recommended that a copy of passport is given to someone at home. It can be faxed to the embassey make it musch easier to get a repacenment

It will be interesting to see what happens to CCL shares on Tuesday.

In over 20 cruises with Holland America over three deacdes, my family and I have shown our passports at embarkation. Never have they been retained by the cruise line. Never.

Lets make this clear, Carnival cruise lines does NOT own Costa.

CARNIVAL CORPORATION is the holding company for Coata Cruise lines, Carnival Cruise lines, Princess, Cunard, Holland America, AIDA, Ibero, and Seaborn.

As far as money, passports, etc the American Embassey (U.S. citizens) will issue replacement passports, and lend money to get them all back home.

This is why it is recommended that a copy of passport is given to someone at home. It can be faxed to the embassey make it musch easier to get a repacenment

Well, n.s.

Any other earth shattering news for us?

Well...according to this thread Carnival has nothing to do with Costa so it should have no impact whatsoever.

The point was Carnival Cruise Lines has nothing to do with the Costa incident. Carnival Corp, the parent company of both Carnival Cruise Lines and Costa is definitely more involved and will be impacted.

It may depend on which cruise line you are sailing. When we did a TA with Costa last year our passports were collected shortly after sailing and returned to us on the last day--this was because we were porting in several countries and it expedited the immigration at each of our stops. Because we frequently travel internationally I have scanned our passports and emailed the file to myself so if they are lost or stolen (or go down on a sinking ship) I can access it wherever there is an internet connection.

This tragedy is sure to have an impact on both Costa Cruise lines and Carnival Corporation both financially and in public relations. Hopefully all of the cruise lines will evaluate their training and crisis handling so nothing like this will happen again.

In some cases, you have no choice. It's not a big deal one way or another.

this is correct. On Costa and MSC non- EU nationals had to surrender passports to purser. They were given back to go into Tunisia. I was awakened dead asleep on MSC and ordered to bring them immediately to the purser. They had forgotten to take them at embarkation...

I am sure it is not much hassle for the EU members to get home, but others might find it a little more difficult. I hope for as many safe returns as possible and am really interested to get the stories from the few Americans on board. Having sailed Costa in Europe, English is the 3rd, 4th or 5th language of many staff, so I imagine it was challenging to get info.

What an absolutely stupid thread.

Does it really matter if it is Carnival Corp or Carnival Cruise line.

Do you think the injured really care who.

Ron

PS. This thread has confirmed a theory that I had long held in that IQ can go negative.

Because with all the other misinformation, speculation, blame gaming, one thing can be made clear is that Carnival Corp (the holding company for Costa and the others) is NOT one and the same as Carnival Cruise Line. So, the victims, the press, the general public should be clear when they blame (and perhaps slander) Costa and "Carnival" it is the holding company not the sister cruise line involved.

So, yes, it does matter as the inevitable criticism continues and possible civil and criminal charges arise to be clear when one is making public remarks to not slander and defame parties that are in no way connected to this incident.

Carnival Corp has numerous subsidiaries, one of which is Carnival Cruise Lines another of which is Costa. That makes Carnival Cruises and Costa sister companies. It is entirely incorrect to say Carnival Cruises and Costa have nothing to do with each other. Depending upon how credit facilities, intercompany loans, intercompany guarantees and cash pooling arrangements are structured, it is quite possible that the holding company and all of the subsidiaries are interconnected for purposes of a bankruptcy and, quite possibly, for liability. For example, if Costa and Carnival Cruise lines have both guaranteed a credit facility that is held and used by the parent or by a finance subsidiary of the group, there could be cross collateralization with Costa passengers able to make a claim on the assets of Carnival Cruise lines for liability claims.

Suffice it to say, it is not nearly as simple or as black and white as the OP suggests. Corporate organization structure charts are one thing. The actual practices of the parent company and the subsidiaries can be quite another. And, things like intercompany loans, guarantees by subsidiaries that are unsupported by assets to withstand a fraudulent conveyance claim, etc., could all play a part in whether -- and to what extent -- Carnival Cruise lines ends up involved in the litigation that is sure to follow this disaster.

The fact is, Carnival Cruise Lines played no role in this tragedy and shouldn't be receiving the flak they are because news media is too lazy to report the difference between the U.S. based subsidiary and the parent corporation.

It's easier to just say 'Carnival', isn't it?

I have been one of the people in various threads stating that Carnival does not own Concordia, but Carnival Corp itself has apparently said it is going to lose $90 million in lost revenue from the ship being out of service. This does not include anything but loss of use of the ship.

This is per an article in UK Guardian.

Archived