Diamond Princess, Singapore to Sydney

cecparkinson

Hi all, thinking of booking the Diamond, Singapore to Sydney December 19 2005, was wondering if anyone out there could give me any advice as to wether we should book now or wait until closer the time to see if the price will drop. Only looking at an inside cabin. Also first time on Princess and out to that area of the world. Any advice or comments greatly appreciated.This will only be our second cruise previous on e QE2 last christmas.:)

• 5 weeks later...

Hi there! I'm a first time cruiser on the Diamond Princess from Singapore to Sydney on Dec 20, 2005. We booked back in July 2004. Back in january I recall a post on here saying the cruise was all but booked out with only a handful of cabins available and apparently all inside. Given the apparent popularity of this cruise I would be recommending trying to book now (if in fact anything is available). I think you'd be best to get an idea from the cruise line the level of availability they in fact have. If it's very heavily booked as I suggest then you'd be advised to book now as we're still some seven months away from cruise date.

Hope this was helpful

Cheers

Frosty

(Melbourne Australia)

If you can find any cabin on that cruise then book it... I have looked at about half a dozen different online agencies and there isn't anything available at the moment but that doesn't mean cabins won't become available at a later date though!

We were on the Sapphire this year from Sydney to Bangkok and booked it while on board the Golden in May 2003. Our portion of the cruise was sold out almost 8 months before we sailed. Book now and get the cabin/category you want or you risk it not being available at all.

Hi- i have 2 words for you, hot and rain. In singapore, it is hot and super humid-sometimes it can get scorching but if you are unluck it can rain litteraly cat and dogs. But most of the time it is pleasant weather with occasional light showers. Just think in terms of opposite from alaska:eek: You wear the thinnest clothes you have and bring an umbrella. I am certain you will have a great tim e on your cruise!;) Its like a tropical paradise!:D Have fun (although its still 7 months away!)

The 12/20/05 cruise on the Diamond is sold out. That particular destination sells out very quickly, and you have to book far in advance to secure a cabin. I suggest that you look into 2006 and book now.

Ginnie

Archived