Shoe Cleaning

besberry

Odd question. Do I need to take shoe polish with me on my cruise, or can I get them done via the room steward? :confused:

I think it very much depends on your cabin grade. You certainly can't just leave then outside your cabin door like the old days!! I would take some with you.

I think it very much depends on your cabin grade. You certainly can't just leave then outside your cabin door like the old days!! I would take some with you.

We have had them cleaned when in bog standard cabins, Sharon. Perhaps we've just been lucky, but they've always been done.

I think those young stewards have enough to do, without cleaning your shoes as well.

What about taking one of those impregnated cloths they sell for the purpose. Give the shoes a good clean before you go, then just smarten them up when needed.

I think those young stewards have enough to do, without cleaning your shoes as well.

What about taking one of those impregnated cloths they sell for the purpose. Give the shoes a good clean before you go, then just smarten them up when needed.

Must admit that's what I do, for the few shoes that need cleaning. It never even entered my head to ask, but the stewards are always so busy. Not like on the old ships with lines of shoes outside the cabins every night!

Thanks guys. I only asked, because I'm doing the full circumnavigation on Aurora next year, and I was amazed how scuffed my shoes seemed to get in two weeks on my last cruise. I'm quite happy to take shoe cleaning stuff, after all I don't have to worry about a weight restrictionc :D

This had not even crossed my mind, having only had to wear 'proper' shoes twice since late 2008... my feet are not looking forward to it!

I had better go and get some polish!

Excatly mate, would our 'THONGS'..no not those thongs..the ones we wear on our feet, go with our Tuxedos on Arcadia? LOL.

For our English friends..Thongs = Flip Flops.

Thou shalt learn some Aussie vernacular on Arcadia soon. LOL.

Excatly mate, would our 'THONGS'..no not those thongs..the ones we wear on our feet, go with our Tuxedos on Arcadia? LOL.

Well I don't remember if the rules set out specific footwear or not... BUT it does say on formal nights you can wear national dress...so beach shorts a rashie and thongs should be fine... :)

It's Ok mate - we get Neighbours on TV :)

It's Ok mate - we get Neighbours on TV :)

SHARON thanks and you can have my share of 'Neighbours' and keep Rolf Harris over there, give him the UK pension or something LOL. BTW, Thongs/Flip Flops aka 'Japanese Safety Boots.'

POBMAN, mate you can wear your thongs, but please no blue Bonds singlet and King Gee Stubbies (shorts.)

PS, make sure your thongs are shined? But then the cabin steward might shine them for you. LOL.

Stone the crows, crikey, who started all this tripe?

I am off and outa here like a Bondi Tram.

Archived