How to use a TA dining credit?

macruisefan

I booked my Solstice cruise through a credit card TA cruise program that had a couple perks, among them, a complimentary dinner for two at a specialty restaurant.

As I want to make my plans in advance, I was planning to make the reservation online before departure. Of course, this requires advance payment.

Has anyone done this and then gone to guest services on board to try and get the adjustment? Perhaps they could just credit the amount to my on board account? Any thoughts?

It is just another way of them giving general On Board Credit. Since this is a gift from your agency and not from Celebrity, it will be noted as " OBC R " which means it is refundable at the end of your cruise. If you pre-book, you must pay upfront, but at least the money will come back to you at the end. It is not the " use it or lose it" type.

Also, it does not have to be specifically used in the restaurant. It will be added to your general OBC.

Hope this helps.

We had a specialty dinner provided by our TA that really was just an extra $70 OBC added to our onboard account. We had no trouble using it onboard. OBC can be applies to your gratuities as well as onboard purchases of any kind (restaurants, spa, bars, photos, shops, etc.)

A lot depends on how it's credited to your account. For us, we've gotten a certificate from the TA and could only book it once we were on the ship. If you get an on board credit, then you can use it for anything including the restaurants, but again, you have to wait to get on board to book a reservation. If you book online now, you'll be paying for it with your credit card.

Archived