Refunds??

bazzaw

Has Cunard ever been known to cancel a sailing at shortish notice?? Or ever been known to cancel a sailing for which passengers had already paid the final payment.

I am thinking probably not - but if so, would they refund the fare if the reason for the non-sailing was beyond their control??

Strange question I know - but thinking about travel insurance exclusions (specifically relating to war or warlike happenings)

Barry

They'd probably refund your fare (or, at least in the US, you could pursue a credit card chargeback as the services paid for were not rendered) but the unknown would be what they'd do about non-refuncable travel arrangements, particularly if you didn't book them through Cunard.

See the offers Costa is making for people affected by upcoming Concordia cancellations.

A Caribbean trip (all the way from UK and back) was cancelled some years ago. We were told the whole ship (I think it must have been QE2) had been chartered by the British Diabetic Society. They substituted a 21 day trip with a week or so Mediterranean which I wouldn't normally have been interested in but made it extremely cheap for those who had booked the longer trip. It turned out very nice.

Has Cunard ever been known to cancel a sailing at shortish notice?? Or ever been known to cancel a sailing for which passengers had already paid the final payment.

I am thinking probably not - but if so, would they refund the fare if the reason for the non-sailing was beyond their control??

Strange question I know - but thinking about travel insurance exclusions (specifically relating to war or warlike happenings)

Barry

Hi Barry. If you find a travel policy that includes acts of Nature, acts of war, or civil unrest please let me know. I have purchased 'cancellation for any reason' insurance, and it was very costly.

Have you read Costa's offer for passengers book on future Concordia cruises?

You'se pays yer money and ya take yer chances - as the old saying goes.

You'se pays yer money and ya take yer chances - as the old saying goes.

Hi Salacia

Dammit, I said Hi - I mean G'day:D

We will be in Europe in May/June. I am watching the situation with Iran with interest and predict that things could get quite excited over the next 4-5 months. If for some reason these cruises were to not come off, I would still "take my chances" and fly to UK anyway (particularly seeing as how we have to pay in full by the end of this week). One has to consider all possibilities - did I tell you that I am an expert in the pertubations of Icelandic volcanos??

Barry

Hi Salacia

We will be in Europe in May/June. I am watching the situation with Iran with interest and predict that things could get quite excited over the next 4-5 months. If for some reason these cruises were to not come off, I would still "take my chances" and fly to UK anyway (particularly seeing as how we have to pay in full by the end of this week). One has to consider all possibilities - did I tell you that I am an expert in the pertubations of Icelandic volcanos??

Barry

G'day Barry. That's the ticket mate; go where life takes you! What the heck, it's not like we're in any danger of dying young ;)

Cheers,

Salacia

P.S. Iceandic volcanos? Cripes, I live in NY - which explodes more often?

Hi Salacia

Barry

Which of your cruises do you think might be impacted by unrest in Iran? I only ask as it seems that you will be nowhere near it on any of them!

Which of your cruises do you think might be impacted by unrest in Iran? I only ask as it seems that you will be nowhere near it on any of them!

You are right - nowhere near the Gulf itself.

Barry

Archived