Norwegian Star

dolfin6857

Okay, a couple of silly questions:

We just got our little booklet with the luggage tags, when we go, do we just wait until we get to the port to put those on?

Also, we're staying the night before in a hotel, I was planning on ironing the things I want to hang at the hotel and putting them in a garment back to bring on the ship....should I do that or just wait and try to get an iron on board when I need it?

I don't want to get killed with roaming charges on our cell phones, but since DH is directionally challenged and I KNOW will be getting lost on board (A LOT!, lol) I was thinking of digging out the old "talk about walkie talkies" we had for the kids when they were younger. Think those will work okay?

Thanks in advance (I'm sure I'll think of other things as my cruise gets closer, lol)

First, for all the tips on NCL, go to their board here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107

You can find out there if you can get an iron. That would be rare.

PLEASE don't bring the family talk radios. They are very annoying to other cruisers. Their success varies by model and ship, but as the ship is all metal, reception can be poor. But their annoyance factor is high.

Ironing in the hotel and placing in garment bag is a reasonable plan. Some people say packing in drycleaner bags helps, too. When I unpack, I often hang items in a steamy bathroom. Some people swear by wrinkle release sprays. You can also pay to have items pressed, if you wish. I try to pack reasonably wrinkle resistant clothing and do not sweat a few wrinkles. Some on cruisecritic have mentioned checking out irons at the desk, but I have never tried it...I do not know if that is really an option on Star...I would not count on that.

Archived