Master Card gift card question?

Lydia B.

Many of you have noticed that the discount cruise companies are starting to give out Master Card gift cards in lieu of deep discounting, which is fine by me. For those of you who have had and used this offer, when did you get your card. I am leaving in 8 days and am now being told the card might not be sent until the day we leave! I think that is stupid as I thought the point was to be able to use the gift card on vacation. What have you experienced? Thanks, Lydia

I qualified for a Visa gift card for one of the sailings I booked, and was told that I would receive my card 4-6 weeks AFTER I returned! I still haven't gotten it, as they didn't "qualify" me during booking. After some emails, they finally decided that I did qualify and to look for it another 4-6 weeks after I sent the email!

I didn't mind not getting it for that cruise, as I have 2 more coming I can use it on, but you're right, it would be more incentive to use that agency if you could use your card on the trip you're booking!

That's my experience, hope yours is better!

Make sure your gift card has your name on it !! We had three of them for $500 each on our sialing of the Conquest and could not use any of them due to NO NAME ON THEM..even tho they were MC cards from our bank...it stunk and had to cash out travelers checks and take money out of another acct for our S&S

I have heard from my TA that Celebrity and RCCL will not allow the TA's to send the Master Card in advance. If that is the policy I can abide with that. However after pointing out that my cruise was a Carnival cruise, they are now saying they are going to send me a check next Monday...hope it arrives. If this is the policy on all of the "giftcards" that is fine, but they really should make it clearer to those getting them. Lydia

P.S. I will post here if I get the check or not.

Archived