Moving from 3 to a cabin to 2 cabins question

kcparrothead

We have friends who are looking at booking a room for 3, but if the 3rd person finds someone to share a room then she will get a separate cabin. Would the 3rd person's deposit move over to the new cabin? I would have them contact a PVP, but they are not positively going yet & are just asking me a few questions. This one I could not answer, but I assured her I could find one for her! Thanks in advance!!

1. If Carnival has a booking for 3, and then changes that to 2 cabins of 2, they will be getting more money, so logically they should not charge a cancellation/change fee.

2. BUT, the only way to know for sure is to phone them and confirm.

3. If I read your message correctly then it sounds like the initial cabin has not been booked yet, so hypotheticals could get complex if you phone Carnival now.

4a. What I would suggest is that if they already had a booking (for the 3 persons), that you sit down and compare that booking cost to the cost of making two "fresh" bookings at current rates on the website for 2 separate cabins of 2. Just make sure that you take screen-shots, and have the $$ numbers in front of you when you phone Carnival to request a quote to move the 3rd person. If you don't have everything in front of you when you phone, it can get confusing when the agent starts quoting numbers all over the place.

4b. If they have not made the initial booking for 3 yet, then it might be worthwhile just making the booking for 2 persons in the 1st cabin, and then ultimately once your friends know if it will be a total of 3 or 4 travellers, then they can either add a 3rd person to cabin 1 (if max is 3), or just leave cabin 1 at 2 persons and add another cabin for persons 3 and 4.

What you need to remember is either way the initial booking might have to change rooms. Carnival will book you a room for either 2 or 3 people depending how many and if you add or take one out, they will probably make you change the room to accomodate the correct # of people.

Thanks, Ladies - Since my post fell to page 2, I didn't think I would get an answer so I did contact our PVP. He said the deposit would transfer over and yes, they would most likely have to move to a 2 person cabin. As long as they don't lose any money on the early saver they will be happy!

Thanks, Ladies - Since my post fell to page 2, I didn't think I would get an answer so I did contact our PVP. He said the deposit would transfer over and yes, they would most likely have to move to a 2 person cabin. As long as they don't lose any money on the early saver they will be happy!

I would get this in writing and keep it since I dont know how the PVP can tell you for sure they can change cabins with ES and not be penalized. No such rule. The 3rd person has no such guarantee they can move to another cabin and not lose any money. Depends on how full the ship is and a lot of other factors. After final payment, all rates are the same for such a scenerio

Get it in writing.

The third person is not cancelling- they are changing rooms and that is allowed. We just did that for our upcoming Legend cruise.

Now-- with the 3rd person moving out of that cabin-- the price becomes different as it is no longer 3 people. (the 3rd rate is cheaper divided by 3)

so when the third person moves out-- their rate will be higher as will the other two people still in the cabin

(well that is the way it worked for us)

I would get this in writing and keep it since I dont know how the PVP can tell you for sure they can change cabins with ES and not be penalized. No such rule. The 3rd person has no such guarantee they can move to another cabin and not lose any money. Depends on how full the ship is and a lot of other factors. After final payment, all rates are the same for such a scenerio

Get it in writing.

I chatted with our PVP via e-mail, so I have it in writing.

Thanks, everyone - it sounds like either way, it will work out for them.

Archived