Looks like AZURA World cruise cancelled.

bazzaw

It was inevitable Azura would never fill up for a World Cruise too. Passengers these days are far too smart. The Caribbean Princess/Crown Princess variants with the extra deck are a cheap way to bang on more passengers on a small framed ship designed in the late 80's. Its nothing more than a cheap stunt to pull in more cash. There is a reason Princess stopped building these ships and it is because they are in no way a equal comparisson to the latest Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and other competition ships.

The reason no one will buy into a World Cruise on Azura is due to the above - overcrowded ship. A ship like that is only suited to port intensive calls where passenger numbers are not noticed.

its not fair to call the likes of Aurora and Oriana small as there is only 20m difference in length and 3m difference in width between them and the Aurora. Aurora and Oriana offer far mode deck space per passenger than Azura. There are more public rooms on Aurora and Oriana per passenger than there are on Azura also.

Thanks SUTHO and Bon Voyage to Singa to board Arcadia to Sydney. Leave some booze and tucker for us will you? ENJOY !

(Look forward to your pics on CC, as all will !)

Reading all the posts here and on other threads it seems P&O uk don't know what they are doing!! Are these the same people that thought Adonia (sea princess) was a good idea for a world cruise in 2004, we were on that and were told P&O had admitted to passengers that thought it was not the right ship for a world cruise that they knew that but had sold too many cabins to cancel or change to another ship by the time they got the ship (don't they check this first). Seems that no longer applies or not enought bookings. Unfortunate that it is the ship coming to Fremantle that gets cancelled, are we going back to being the forgotten state, first Pacific Sun cancelled and no replacement then Princess cut back their season to only a few cruises now rather than a long season as in previous years. Starting to get a complex. I would be very upset if I had booked to or from the UK on a ship expecting to leave/arrive at Fremantle and being offered a replacement to or from Sydney! Princesss seem to be doing the exact opposite, sending 3 ships on long cruises in 2013, or can we expect to see cancellations or changes there too. I have always thought it best to book as soon as possible but for next year I am adopting a wait and see approach.

And dare I say it? On P&O UK's own forum, its customers are ripping into the company for 'rescheduling Azura for operational reasons.' The Brits are livid about it and so are some Aussies, don't blame them, know how they feel, won't go into that again.

Archived