Is this a dumb reason to choose a cruise?

Just want to mention, that if you like opera, MSC always has an Italian Tenor on its ships. We have heard some incredible Opera talent on MSC, and I don't really like Opera. But talent is talent.

To me a cruise is about four things:

Experience: The cruise's atmosphere and things on board.

Food: As it is (usually) all included, and an important part of any trip.

Lodging: It's a floating hotel. You do have to sleep/stay on the ship for a week.

Destination: Where you're headed/departed from.

So it sounds like you chose the Equinox for Experience and Lodging. Well that's two of the four! More than if you chose for solely destination, which is only one of the four!

I know my 'four points of cruising' aren't valid or very legitimate, but hopefully it proves the point that no, it isn't odd for you to book a cruise because you like the ship! Happy sailings!

Is this a dumb way to select a cruise, just because I like the ship? Would I be better off basing my choice on where the ship is going, what port it leaves from, etc?

My last three cruises where picked specifically for the ship. The itinerary was secondary, if that. My B2B last year went to ports I really didn't care for and I had little intention of doing any sightseeing at all. It was all about the ship.

The cruises I am looking for 2013 and 2014 are picked specifically for the ship. The itineraries for these ships I have done many times, including Alaska and the Caribbean.

It's not at all dumb -I plan to do the same soon enough ;)

We've only sailed on RCCL and we are going on the Allure just because we've already been on the Oasis. Have to see them both.

We will also sail Celebrity. I think they have great itineraries and I'm awestruck by the ships -they are amazing.

I'm fascinated by the Celebrity Equinox. I originally became interested by the Equinox when I found out one of my favorite opera singers (Leandra Ramm) was doing a tour of duty on it. However, I haven't made it to the ship in time. Her tour ends on Feb 3rd 2012. If I want to see her perform, it will need to be on land. However, I've read up on the ship and am amazed by it. I intend to still do a cruise on it, even though Leandra will be gone.

Is this a dumb way to select a cruise, just because I like the ship? Would I be better off basing my choice on where the ship is going, what port it leaves from, etc?

We have chosen cruises 3x because of the ship (Disney Wonder & Magic and NCL Epic). We have chosen cruises 2x based on the itinerary (CCL Glory and CCL Freedom). We have chosen cruises 2x based on embarkation port (CCL Glory and CCL Inspiration). We have also chosen cruises based on budget (CCL Destiny & Elation and NCL Jewel). IMHO the only thing dumb in selecting a cruise is eliminating ships because of the cruise line. The best way to select a cruise is find a ship that best fits what you want out of a vacation. That can vary by vacation and is totally dependant on your desires.

:cool:I saw a brochure with a picture of the 5 masted Royal Clipper and told my wife think we should go? :confused: We went!:DIt was a charter land + 10 days on the clipper and one of the 2 best cruises ever! :cool:

Archived