Celebrity Wave Promotion for cruisers

sallywingate

I am booked for my first cruise going on the Equinox, bancony room at the end of February. Since this is my first cruise I don't have a captins club number yet so not a member yet - can't see member specials so assume I don't qualify ??

Oh, one other thing....this is for ocean view staterooms and above only she said.

We have a C1 stateroom so that isn't the issue...maybe it is just not on our particular sailing. I may try and call again this week and see if someone else will give me a different answer. :D

I just called Captain's Club and confirmed that, indeed, there was a Wave Promotion currently being offered. It is being offered on the S Class ships only. Because I am sailing on the Constellation, an M Class ship, my sailing does not qualify. :)

Ok, there is my answer-we will be on M-Class-Summit. Oh well.

We received this promotion when we booked in mid January for a March sailing and got $200 off of our balcony stateroom. Unfortunately they messed up our Captain's Club numbers and we haven't received the $80 OBC, but when I called Celebrity today, they said to get in touch with our travel agent tomorrow and it could be applied retroactively.

Great deal for last minute bookings!! Guess it's not such a bad thing I couldn't pin my husband down on making vacation plans until now :) although the flights to Florida were a killer.

We booked yesterday, got the reduced deposit and were told the fare discount would not show up on our account for about 10 days and to check online to ensure it is applied. We booked on the Connie.

Anyone else get the same explanation?

Thank you for the heads up... Unfortunately my cruise was not eligible :(

It appears as if your Feb 2013 cruise would qualify for a $100.00 break on the price. If you are a Captain's Club member, you would not be eligible for the on board credit incentive as it only applies to S Class ships. You would just have to ensure the current price has not gone up since your initial booking as you would, in effect, need to cancel then re-book at the current prices. As the incentive involves cruises that are a minimum of 4 nights, your December cruise would not qualify. Your Feb/12 cruise is within the "70 days of departure" criteria and as such, does not qualify. Check your pricing and give Celebrity a call again. This incentive offer ends Feb 5/12. Good Luck.

Celebrity have now added the following additional deals to their Wave specials:

"We just added even more ways to help make your 2012 vacation dreams a reality

• 50% Reduced Deposits* - pay half the usual deposit
  • Free Upgrades* - enjoy an upgraded view on most Europe sailings"

Of course there are conditions so you will need to check with your TA or Celebrity as whether they apply to you.

These Wave deals need to be booked by February, 5.

Ok, there is my answer-we will be on M-Class-Summit. Oh well.

I would call Celebrity again. The fine print says the $100, $200, or $300 discount applies to "select" cruises for oceanview staterooms and above. It does not specifically mention S Class. The $80 on board credit for Captain's Club members specifically mentions S Class ships, so it is not totally clear as can be seen in other posts and even from conversations with Celebrity. The process would involve cancelling your existing reservation and re-booking, so if the price of your stateroom has increased since your initial booking, you will have to pay the higher rate, at which point the savings may not make sense. Good luck.

I'm on the phone with Celebrity and the young man, Nate, says that it is only new bookings placed from January-Feb 5.

If you already have OBC from Celebrity for your booking (usually if you booked onboard) than you aren't eligible for this - unless of course your OBC is less than $80.

Everybody is eligible for the discount ONLY if you booked between January 9 to Feb 5. All the bookings made in that time period are reviewed and then re-reviewed to make sure the eligibility is proper.

Hmmmm....booked during this promotion with an on-line TA. Got the $300 credit off the price from Celebrity plus the $250 OBC the TA was offering. TA also threw in a specialty dinner. Wonder if they used the $80 OBC from Celebrity for that perk (their way of saying it's a $80 non refundable credit) or should I ask if I also get the $80 OBC from Celebrity? Gosh....hate to be seem greedy, but $80 buys a couple bottles of wine. :D

Hmmmm....booked during this promotion with an on-line TA. Got the $300 credit off the price from Celebrity plus the $250 OBC the TA was offering. TA also threw in a specialty dinner. Wonder if they used the $80 OBC from Celebrity for that perk (their way of saying it's a $80 non refundable credit) or should I ask if I also get the $80 OBC from Celebrity? Gosh....hate to be seem greedy, but $80 buys a couple bottles of wine. :D

I suspect that the speciality dinner offer is just the same as the $80 OBC that Celebrity are offering, just dressed up differently.

Worth checking though with your TA - there is nothing greedy about making sure that you are getting everything that you are entitled to.

Just spent 1/2 hour on the phone with two different people at Celebrity. Because we booked with the captain club special bef0re the cruise went out to the general public, we are not eligible now for this discount. We would have to cancel what we have and rebook, but since the price has gone up, we will stick with what we have. Too bad, it would have nice to get the extra 300. plus 80. OBC

We booked yesterday, got the reduced deposit and were told the fare discount would not show up on our account for about 10 days and to check online to ensure it is applied. We booked on the Connie.

Anyone else get the same explanation?

Just a follow up to my previous post, called earlier this evening and we were told it would take 10 days to see the discounted fare on our account. Interestingly enough, 30 minutes later we received a new invoice reflecting the discount, thanks X.

Let me know if I am being unreasonably upset. We booked our cruise ourselves and transfered to a TA (never used before). Now we are trying to get this promotion and the TA is saying we can't because it's a group booking. I am guessing just about everyone who has posted here saying they called their TA and got the promo is also under a group booking. So....am I missing something or is my TA? Wish I could move my booking back to Celebrity and do this myself!:(

My Am Ex TA called Celebrity yesterday to check on this promotion. We did qualify but it could not be combined with the Am Ex Platinium bonuses we were already receiving. Two class upgrade, speciality dinner, and double points. We had been able to secure an aft cabin in cc (for the price of an OV) and didn't want to give that up. This info might save someone getting the Am Ex bonuses from calling Celebrity.

Archived