Nynäshamn Taxi to Stockholm

There were some inquires about this in another thread, hopefully this will be easy for future users to search the message base.

We have called Taxi Nynäs and spoke to them personally and here is what we have (info is from April 16, 2005):

The prices listed on the website are for regular sized cars, and I would guess that means 4 people (3 in back and 1 up front with the driver).

The person on the phone said that if you pre-book your taxi a week in advance ( an absolute must if you want to get their 8 person van) you can get the prices listed on the web site.

From Nynäshamn to downtown Stockholm with a return trip for 4 people in a regular sized vehicle would be: 1,385 Swedish kronor (as of 4/16/05 - $194.95), and you can pay with your credit card. Ask the driver about where to meet for the return trip.

The 8 person van is more, of course: 1,855 Kronor ($261.11) for a round trip, remember it is a must to pre-book their van.

Contact info for Taxi Nynäs:

E-mail: info@taxinynas.se

Phone : +46 8 520 111 11

I made a point to ask if they would have a problem dealing with English speakers and the woman I spoke to indicated there would be no problem. Keep in mind this is just the information as told to me by their representative on the phone, I have never dealt with this company in any way.

The above applies to Taxi Nynäs only and there may well be other companies there at the pier and chances are you can negotiate with one of the drivers there.

Don’t be afraid or shy to call or e-mail these companies for info.

Ok, now for ol’ Al’s opinion (you didn’t think y’all were going to get off without that, did you?)

I would still take the train, just for the time savings alone (a LOT cheaper too). There is a stretch of highway between Nynashäm and Västerhäninge that is 2 lanes and subject to traffic jams and other incidents, so you may get lucky and make it in an hour or maybe not, I would be a bit wary on the way back, and allow extra time just because of the unpredictable traffic situation. Once you are past Vasterhäninge the road turns into a modern 6-8 lane highway for the rest of the way into town. The train is 1 hour each way and runs on time.

Explore your options.

Skål

Al

Al Frescoe,

Thank you for taking your time to research information about taking a taxi from Nynäshamn to downtown Stockholm. I appreciate your help, information, and recommendations. It's good to have as much knowledge as possible about what to expect, and options. These message boards are great, thanks to helpful people like you. Thank you.

Archived