Shore Excursions are usually available 100 days before departure.

bazzaw

It's now 100 days .. What does "usually" mean??? :p

Barry

Barry, I think they just mean that the actual date on which the excursions are available for on-line booking can vary a bit either side of the 100 day point. I imagine that they don't want to publish the list until they know for certain exactly what will be available.

Personally, although I always make the bookings on-line, I usually wait until I've received the actual brochure through the mail because it's much more civilised to browse the brochure over a cup of tea and discuss the excursions with She Who Must be Obeyed.

J

On our last cruise (19Dec- 3Jan 2012), we filled out the tour form on board and dropped it off at the tour office. Tickets for our first tour arrived the night prior. But we did not receive tickets for the subsequent two tours, nor did the tour offfice advise us that we wouldn't be receiving tickets. (In the past, we'd receive a call from the Tour Office if there was a problem with the booking, but I wouldn't rely on that again.)

So from that I learned to verbally confirm all bookings with the tour office rather than just dropping off the reservation form at their office. I've also found tours that I booked in advance on-line were cancelled (often due to last minute port changes), so I think it's a good idea to confirm any and all tours - however you booked them - with the tour office on board as soon as possible after embarking.

On our last cruise (19Dec- 3Jan 2012), we filled out the tour form on board and dropped it off at the tour office. Tickets for our first tour arrived the night prior. But we did not receive tickets for the subsequent two tours, nor did the tour offfice advise us that we wouldn't be receiving tickets. (In the past, we'd receive a call from the Tour Office if there was a problem with the booking, but I wouldn't rely on that again.)

So from that I learned to verbally confirm all bookings with the tour office rather than just dropping off the reservation form at their office. I've also found tours that I booked in advance on-line were cancelled (often due to last minute port changes), so I think it's a good idea to confirm any and all tours - however you booked them - with the tour office on board as soon as possible after embarking.

I've generally found, with advance booking, that an envelope containing the tour tickets is waiting for me in the cabin when I embark. But I've also known them to be cancelled because there have been insufficient bookings to make the tour viable. To be fair though, I've always been told of that in plenty of time to make an alternative booking.

J

I've generally found, with advance booking, that an envelope containing the tour tickets is waiting for me in the cabin when I embark. But I've also known them to be cancelled because there have been insufficient bookings to make the tour viable. To be fair though, I've always been told of that in plenty of time to make an alternative booking.

J

Cruachan

Yes - same here re tickets waiting in cabin . But this has mostly been with P&O - never done a shore tour with Cunard. Never ever had a shore tour cancelled either :) I always book in advance online - because I have witnessed that most of the more desirable tours book out quickly and leaving it until boarding can be too late.

Barry

Cruachan & Buzzsaw, yes, booking on-line in advance seems to work out best for most passengers.

But I have been on QM2 Caribbean cruises where new tours were added that had not been listed on-line. So, instances like that, the only way to book is on-board, as is the case when rescheduling tours due late changes in itinerary and cancelled tours.

I've found that in a few instances, tours became so well booked that two departure times were made available, one departing in the morning and another in the afternoon - the selection of which one could be made on board.

Point being that for various reasons, booking tours on board can be a viable option, but for whatever it's worth, my suggestion (mentioned previously) is to have a chat with someone in the tour office rather than just depositing the reservation form in the drop-off box. -S.

Point being that for various reasons, booking tours on board can be a viable option, but for whatever it's worth, my suggestion (mentioned previously) is to have a chat with someone in the tour office rather than just depositing the reservation form in the drop-off box. -S.

yes - good point! Murphy's Law says: - what can go wrong, will go wrong!! :)

Barry

Archived