Oslo Port schedule??

bazzaw

Here is the link, but they haven't posted the 2012 listings yet. In past years, they've usually been published around April.

http://www.oslocruisenetwork.no/port-info/cruise-list

I've also marked all of the pier locations in the Oslo Cruise Port Guide map in my signature.

The Queen Victoria will most likely dock at the main cruise pier Akershuskaia, next to the cruise terminal alongside Akershus fortress. This is especially likely that early in the season (early May), since there isn't a lot of cruise traffic yet. There's a slim chance that the QV could end up at Vippetangen, slightly farther south along the same quay, but even that's unlikely at that time of year.

Here is the link

The Queen Victoria will most likely dock at the main cruise pier Akershuskaia, next to the cruise terminal alongside Akershus fortress.

Thank you for the link - I did find it before - but the fact that it was only for 2011 confused me. I realise now that there probably are no cruises to Oslo between Oct to March?? :o I live in the South pacific - cruises all year :) - so my brain wasn't working properly when thinking about the Baltic! :o

I did think that QV would berth next to Akershus - but a past passenger said that they berthed at Filipstad last year on Queen Elizabeth during an identical cruise.

Barry

Haha! Our only "cruises" between October and March are the ferries to Denmark and Germany! That said, I did do a ferry cruise to Kiel at the end of October a few years ago. Needless to say, we did not spend much time on deck! In fact, I don't even think any of the outside decks were open after we left the pier! It's not surprising that the prototype for RCCL's mega-ships came from the Color ferries, where you have to spend all of your time inside! Interesting fact: The famous RCCL "promenade" was originally designed to be a small shopping mall on the Color ferries to capitalize on the Duty-Free opportunity.

I did think that QV would berth next to Akershus - but a past passenger said that they berthed at Filipstad last year on Queen Elizabeth during an identical cruise.

Hmm... What time of the year was it? They almost never use Filipstad if Akershuskaia is available. The only exception is for turnarounds (Vision of the Seas uses Oslo as a homeport for a few cruises in Oslo in the late spring), since there are long-term parking facilities. QE ended up at Filipstad last June when there were two other ships in port, but all last May they never only used Filipstad once (for a TUI ship).

:( I just did a quick search for Oslo port calls through one the cruise booking sites, and it looks like the Emerald Princess will be in Oslo on May 11 as well. Since both Emerald Princess and QE have ended up at Filipstad last year, there's really no way of knowing where you'll dock at this point! In the past, there have been plenty of times that they've used Akerskai and Vippetangen at the same time, but it seems like lately they've been doing that much less.

Sorry I can't give you a better answer!

• 2 weeks later...

On May 12th "Queen Victoria" will be on Filipstad, while "Emerald Princess" will dock at Søndre Akershus Quay.

From Filipstad, you will need to take the bus (or a cab) to get downtown. You can walk, but it will take you a while. If there is no free shuttle, try the 33 bus. Runs every 15 minutes at rush hours (half our on off times), doesn´t take to long. Easiest place to jump off would probably be Nathional Theater. That will put you right between the Karl Johans street (main/parade street cutting through Oslo city center), the City Hall/Aker Brygge/Akershus Castle and right next to the entrance to the subway if you want to proceed to i.e. Holmenkollen ski jump tower. If you are opting for public transportation, buy tickets before your board, or buy an Oslo pass.

Consider a hop on/hop off bus service. It will probably be offered at the gangway, and takes you from highlight to highlight. Not too expensive either.

On May 12th "Queen Victoria" will be on Filipstad, while "Emerald Princess" will dock at Søndre Akershus Quay.

Ooh! Where did you find the 2012 pier assignments?! Since OsloHavn redesigned their website, I haven't been able to track them down yet and have been waiting eagerly! :) Can you share a link?

Consider a hop on/hop off bus service. It will probably be offered at the gangway, and takes you from highlight to highlight. Not too expensive either.

Does one of the hop-on/hop-off bus companies stop at Filipstad when there's a ship in port? I've always wondered, but I've never found anything definitive on their websites. And I've only used Filipstad for embarkation and disembarkation, so there aren't any HOHO buses around anyway.

Thank you re the info for the berthing places for 2012 cruises. Looks like QV will berth at Filipstad on 11 May. I had been doing shore planning based on the understanding that we would berth at Akershus - and was planning to get the HoHo bus from there. However, Filipstad looks ( form the map) to be almost as conveniently located ad Akershus - except for being inside a dockyard, I do not know how we get out of the dockyard and exactly where the entrance to the dockyard is?? Any local info on this please??

Barry

Archived