Man Overboard

Chill out! My point is this picture is not the norm and it was portrayed. Was I there? No. Like I said I have sailed on Oasis which is a sister ship to Allure.

I am Chilled thanks ,are you ?:)

You did if you check your own post quote.. "But please don't try to mislead with a fake photo."

kruzseeka. She was not trying to mislead ,sorry if you misread her post :)as i said in my other post e-mail the paper if your not happy .

You will find we are a happy bunch on here not nasty and happy to help and a laugh along the way ...:) its what we do best. ;)

cool.jpgregards kalos :D

Lighten up. Please don't be so sensitive. I never said YOU WERE MISLEADING. The picture is not the norm I assure you. If that is what influenced your dislike of the larger ships, you were misguided. To each their own and I hope you stay with your preference. I respect your choice. That is why they make ships of all sizes. There is absolutely no need to be nasty on these boards. Sorry, I don't agree with your opinion.

Please credit us with a bit of sense. We all obviously realised that was not an every day cruise but the fact that the ship can pack that many people on to it is very off putting to most of us on here. Also if you read the threads you will see there was a programme on TV which was filmed on this ship on a normal cruise and none of us liked the look of that either.

As for being nasty......we are the friendliest group ever, but you've probable guessed that now by the way we've all bandied together to support one another.

I hope you enjoy yout next cruise and your big ships as it takes all kinds to make a world.

Please credit us with a bit of sense. We all obviously realised that was not an every day cruise but the fact that the ship can pack that many people on to it is very off putting to most of us on here. Also if you read the threads you will see there was a programme on TV which was filmed on this ship on a normal cruise and none of us liked the look of that either.

As for being nasty......we are the friendliest group ever, but you've probable guessed that now by the way we've all bandied together to support one another.

I hope you enjoy yout next cruise and your big ships as it takes all kinds to make a world.

You bet ya! Birds of a feather flock together. Good on you. Have fun. I will.;) Glad you don't like the big ships, I don't think we would get along too well.

Lighten up. Please don't be so sensitive. I never said YOU WERE MISLEADING. The picture is not the norm I assure you. If that is what influenced your dislike of the larger ships, you were misguided. To each their own and I hope you stay with your preference. I respect your choice. That is why they make ships of all sizes. There is absolutely no need to be nasty on these boards. Sorry, I don't agree with your opinion.

For someone who insists I should 'lighten up' and that 'there is absolutely no need to be nasty on these boards' I suggest you look at your own posts compared with mine and others.

I agree you didn't say 'I was misleading' but you did post 'Please don't try to mislead'. That is an accusation - that I had an intention to misrepresent facts and mislead others. Read you own post - and reread mine. I merely posted a link to a newspaper article - and even added a rider that the papers sometimes get it wrong. You are the one making false statements about me. I have every right to challenge that and be annoyed by your unsubstantiated and incorrect assertion.

I have no problem at all that we should have different opinions about ships - you say you respect mine yet your post accuses me of being 'sensitive', 'misguided' and infer I have entered into a 'nasty' exchange. Sounds just a little personal and critical to me. I have made no personal comment about you whatsoever.

And as for the ' don't be so sensitive' comment to me and 'chill out' and 'lighten up' comments to others, these are all classic 'put down' comments made by you to members on here who are only defending my original post and your inappropriate response to it (from the untrue accusation stand-point). Again hardly in the spirit of 'not being nasty'. Perhaps you should follow your own advice!

If you were a regular poster on this forum you would know that 'nastiness' very very seldom raises its ugly head - and thankfully when it does it usually disappears quite quickly. To the contrary, a great deal of excellent information is exchanged on here in a light-hearted and very supportive manner - we are friends and reflect the atmosphere which we all value and draws us back to Thomson ships. We do have differences of opinion and different preferences but are able to discuss these with respect and without getting personal and nasty. It would be helpful if you post on this forum again you try to do the same.

You have no need to apologise for not sharing my opinion - I understand and frankly don't care. What I do care about is you making false statements and being patronising as a result of me simply posting a newspaper link. That does seem unfair, unreasonable and certainly not in the spirit in which posts should be made.

Enjoy your cruising - I shall continue to enjoy mine in the company of like-minded, friendly, genuine and caring Thomson cruisers!

Thanks to all my friends! ;)

Original post by 1cats1

You bet ya! Birds of a feather flock together. Good on you. Have fun. I will.;) Glad you don't like the big ships, I don't think we would get along too well.

I think that's one thing we Thomson cruisers can all agree on;)

For someone who insists I should 'lighten up' and that 'there is absolutely no need to be nasty on these boards' I suggest you look at your own posts compared with mine and others.

If you were a regular poster on this forum you would know that 'nastiness' very very seldom raises its ugly head - and thankfully when it does it usually disappears quite quickly. To the contrary, a great deal of excellent information is exchanged on here in a light-hearted and very supportive manner - we are friends and reflect the atmosphere which we all value and draws us back to Thomson ships. We do have differences of opinion and different preferences but are able to discuss these with respect and without getting personal and nasty. It would be helpful if you post on this forum again you try to do the same.

You have no need to apologise for not sharing my opinion - I understand and frankly don't care. What I do care about is you making false statements and being patronising as a result of me simply posting a newspaper link. That does seem unfair, unreasonable and certainly not in the spirit in which posts should be made.

Enjoy your cruising - I shall continue to enjoy mine in the company of like-minded, friendly, genuine and caring Thomson cruisers!

Thanks to all my friends! ;)

Well Said, Kruzseeka ! :);)

Original post by 1cats1

I think that's one thing we Thomson cruisers can all agree on;)

Too right there, Smiffy :D

Yup, 'nuff said, end of discussion methinks! :)

Come on peoples to much hostility's here..life to short

I do appreciate your efforts to lighten the mood and I have no wish to perpetuate any ill feeling - on the contrary I have merely acted to put right 1cat1's untrue statements about me - and the inference I was being nasty.

I had already decided not to dignify any further comments by 1cats1 with a reply - however I do reserve the right to defend myself. So........... not guaranteeing to keep schtum! ;)

I do appreciate your efforts to lighten the mood and I have no wish to perpetuate any ill feeling - on the contrary I have merely acted to put right 1cat1's untrue statements about me - and the inference I was being nasty.

I had already decided not to dignify any further comments by 1cats1 with a reply - however I do reserve the right to defend myself. So........... not guaranteeing to keep schtum! ;)

Good on you - I can only say if Kruzseeka wasn't on here I for one wouldn't be on here so much - she is an absolutely gem with good balanced answers.

to lighten up things a bit you have to guess who is who on the cartoon :):)

bags me not the frog

take care all and as they say these days "chill out " and " whatever"

(no sorry should have spelt it watevver) :eek:

Stevie (like u do innnit ?)

(think i need another cruise :rolleyes:)

A British 30year old has gone overboard ,think its that Giant ship Allure Of The Seas.

Ship spotted it on CCTV it has not stopped and is now docked .

Early reports show he went over his balcony. A bad month for the cruise industry .:( (Not that they can be blamed for this one .)

Which brings us nicely back to topic ;)

I wonder if they will ever find him ? Are they still searching ?

Anyone got an update ? :)

Which brings us nicely back to topic ;)

I wonder if they will ever find him ? Are they still searching ?

Anyone got an update ? :)

Not an answer to your questions - but clearly he's not been found and this article from today's Daily Mail (please don't let me be opening up another can of worms here by posting a newspaper link! :eek: ) has some more up-to-date information on the tragedy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2099847/Parents-tell-bar-row-clue-sons-death-sea-fell-worlds-largest-cruise-ship.html

All very sad but perhaps we've not heard the last of this. It's to be hoped for the family's sake a thorough investigation is carried out to put their minds at rest - though clearly not their broken hearts.

Not an answer to your questions - but clearly he's not been found and this article from today's Daily Mail (please don't let me be opening up another can of worms here by posting a newspaper link! :eek: ) has some more up-to-date information on the tragedy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2099847/Parents-tell-bar-row-clue-sons-death-sea-fell-worlds-largest-cruise-ship.html

All very sad but perhaps we've not heard the last of this. It's to be hoped for the family's sake a thorough investigation is carried out to put their minds at rest - though clearly not their broken hearts.

The only cans you open kruzseeka are when you cook for your family :)

and when your not doing that your on here giving us very informative info.;)

I for one am very thankful for your posts and thanks for this one as well :D

The only cans you open kruzseeka are when you cook for your family :)

and when your not doing that your on here giving us very informative info.;)

I for one am very thankful for your posts and thanks for this one as well :D

Thank you, kalos. You are very kind - and that makes me feel a lot better. ;) I actually hate unpleasantness but also have a very highly developed sense of fair play which sometimes creates a conflict for me!!!

So hopefully normal service/atmosphere resumed on the Thomson site! :D

P.S. Will have to stop reading the DM - now perhaps that would be no bad thing! :rolleyes:

Archived