Elation vs Conquest

Young-Cruiser

The Elation is a smaller, Fantasy class ship, and the Conquest is a well, Conquest Class vessel. The Conquest is 3 or 4 years newer than the Elation. The Conquest can hold 1000 more passengers, so yes, you will probably be able to tell that the Conquest is bigger.

Some people ask if there is much difference between the different Carnival classes, and I most often hear people responding with no. In some regards, that's true...Many of the same amenities are going to be roughly in the same area on each ship. However, not all ships are going to have all amenities offered.

So while you should be able to find your way around the ship okay having sailed once, there will undoubtedly be many differences that will make your second cruise a unique experience.

I find a smaller ship to be more intimate, i.e. you see the same people more often and have more chance to get to know them better.

Conquest gets 2.0 in Oct, so it will have the new stuff after that, but right now it will not be that different to me than Elation in amenties.

My first and only cruise was on the elation in 2008. I will be going on the conquest in August and it's 40,000 tons larger. Will the difference be noticeable? Will it even matter?

Hey I am 28 and I will be on this cruise with 25 other pp. You should join the roll call

The one thing that stands out about the Elation was the lifebelt locker at the foot of the bed, completely blocked the access to the window side of the bed. You had to climb over the bed very time to get across.

Main reason for only one cruise on the Elation, whilst the fifth on the Conquest is coming up in September.

Hey I am 28 and I will be on this cruise with 25 other pp. You should join the roll call

I did. No one has responded since my post.

Also, in my post in the roll call, you'll read that I'm only 16. So, I'm not really relevant to the conversation.

Archived