On board classes

tampatoms

We were on the Coral to Alaska in August/2011. I looked back at my patters and did not find a lot of what i call classes. Because they have a naturalist on board i think they have fewer planned classes. We had Kathy Slamp and she was a very good speaker and knowledgeable. She was very approachable and we enjoyed and went to all her lectures. Because of the "nature type" of this cruise they have a lot of lectures and fewer "classes" -unless you consider these WONDERFUL lectures as classes. There are no charges for these and you need to make sure and go to them as they are wonderful! They also brought on Libby Riddles of Iditarod fame and she gave a wonderful lecture. Park rangers were brought on to give talks at several ports and they were always good too.

As far as what i would call "classes" -They did have a pottery class that you had to pay based on the piece you chose. They also had yoga classes for $12. We went to a great cooking class that was free. An expensive Fitness Boot Camp for $120 for 3 classes.

any other questions, let me know! You will love the Coral - perfect size ship!

Gwenin, thanks for info. We had taken same cruise a few years ago and didn't have time for classes. My son and his wife however are into cooking and wine tasting so the 1st. day out of Vancouver they could do classes if they have them. After that, as you mentioned we are going to be too busy to even think of a class.

tampatoms

Archived