2013 / 2014 Deployment Thread (Updated 4/11/12)

Andy

Thanks Andy

seems the Carib & Bermuda trips will come out the day before we cruise on Silho--

it would probabaly pay for us to book on board... we usually get the Passages next cruise certif.....can someone explain how booking a specific cruise on bd will differ?

will we still get our ship bd credit? will we be able to manage our own res on line or will we have to go thru a Celb cruise planner to make any changes etc?..

does anyone think the itins will leak out before the release dates..we know generally what we want but itins may differ next time around..

Thank Andy!!! Now I can book my 2013 Alaska cruise and start really obsessing!!! Based on current schedules, we decided we'd cruise on the Millie, but if the Solstice is in AK then we may have to change our minds.

4 more weeks and I can add a countdown clock to my signature! :D

Thanks Andy

seems the Carib & Bermuda trips will come out the day before we cruise on Silho--

it would probabaly pay for us to book on board... we usually get the Passages next cruise certif.....can someone explain how booking a specific cruise on bd will differ?

will we still get our ship bd credit? will we be able to manage our own res on line or will we have to go thru a Celb cruise planner to make any changes etc?..

does anyone think the itins will leak out before the release dates..we know generally what we want but itins may differ next time around..

Hi Hcat,

The biggest differences between the passages cert, and booking a specific cruise onboard, is that its a higher deposit when you choose the specific sailing date, and you get to choose your cabin. You also receive the 2 category upgrade. In many cases, that's a huge benefit. Keep in mind, there are restrictions. You must stay within the type of cabin you book, examples : inside to inside, outside to outside, C3 to C1, and so on. You will get the shipboard credit with either option.

As for being assigned to a Celebrity Cruise planner, its not a must, but it can happen. If you plan to move your booking to a TA, I'd make that very clear when booking with the onboard rep.

I hope this is helpful !

Andy,

Any word on the schedule for posting the 2013 Transatlantic and Pacific Coastal itineraries? Would the Transatlantics also be available in March with the Europe itineraries? In the past, I think sometimes the Transatlantic itineraries were made available later.

Celebrity has a nice San Diego to Vancouver "Wine" cruise in May and September that adjoins Alaska cruises. That would be a nice b2b for 2013.

Also, do you know about the schedule for posting the RCI Tranatlantics? (Or should I go to that board? I mainly hang out on the Celebrity and Rollcall boards. ;))

Kathy

PS: Hi Lois!

Hi Kathy,

There's nothing listed on TA's or Pacific Coastal, but if my memory is correct, the Transatlantics are usually announced around the same time as Europe. If I hear anything further, I will post on this thread.

Sorry, but I do not have the RCCL Deployment info.

Thank Andy!!! Now I can book my 2013 Alaska cruise and start really obsessing!!! Based on current schedules, we decided we'd cruise on the Millie, but if the Solstice is in AK then we may have to change our minds.

4 more weeks and I can add a countdown clock to my signature! :D

We too are waiting to see if the Solstice is going to Alaska!!!

Thank You.

I have not looked into it yet, but I am assuming by everyone's comments that the Solstice class ships are not used for the Alaska cruises?

Thanks again.

They do not fit thru the Panama Canal at this time, so it is very hard to get the ship from the Caribbean or Europe to Alaska. Since the Solstice will be circumnavigaing the globe (via Dubai, Singapore & Australia) later this year, it would be VERY easy to sail up to Alaska.

When they open the new canal, the Solstice class ships will fit.

The Oasis & Allure are already too big even for the new (not yet open) canal. Great planning !!!

Hi Hcat,

The biggest differences between the passages cert, and booking a specific cruise onboard, is that its a higher deposit when you choose the specific sailing date, and you get to choose your cabin. You also receive the 2 category upgrade. In many cases, that's a huge benefit. Keep in mind, there are restrictions. You must stay within the type of cabin you book, examples : inside to inside, outside to outside, C3 to C1, and so on. You will get the shipboard credit with either option.

As for being assigned to a Celebrity Cruise planner, its not a must, but it can happen. If you plan to move your booking to a TA, I'd make that very clear when booking with the onboard rep.

I hope this is helpful !

Very helpful..Thanks so much!

We will be booking AQ so the upgrade is not an asset...& we'd prefer the lower deposit--Don't see much of a benefit for us to book a specific cruise.

So I guess we'll get the Passages certificate on our cruise & book as soon as we get home....I am sure there will be cabins available at that time.....

we don't transfer to our TA anymore but like to manage our own cruise info...the online info is a bit different when you use a Celeb cruise planner..

Hi Hcat,

The biggest differences between the passages cert, and booking a specific cruise onboard, is that its a higher deposit when you choose the specific sailing date.....

Hi Andy,

I have used a passages cert several times now and have never had to put down a higher deposit. The $100 deposit has always sufficed. Exception would be if you used it for a group cruise. Has something changed?

A big thanks for the deployment schedule release dates! :)

Hi Andy,

I have used a passages cert several times now and have never had to put down a higher deposit. The $100 deposit has always sufficed. Exception would be if you used it for a group cruise. Has something changed?

A big thanks for the deployment schedule release dates! :)

Hi Gimletgal,

You are correct. I was sure it was a larger deposit when I typed it, but my head must have been stuck in 2008 :). I just checked my last booking made onboard in December, and it was $100.00 PP.

Thanks Andy. I see that you're a Host on the Princess board also. Did a quick scan over there and didn't see a posting similar to this. Will you be posting a Princess Deployment Thread?

Hi Jazzbeau,

I'd be happy to, but I do not have contacts at Princess. I wish I could be of more assistance.

Hi Everyone !

You asked, and here it is - Celebrity's 2013/2014 Deployment release dates. As in past years, they are probably "week of" dates, and are subject to change.

I hope this is helpful. Enjoy !

Galapagos - 03/05

Alaska - 03/12

Northern Europe - 03/12

Europe - 03/19

Asia, Australia, New Zealand - 03/26

South America, Panama Canal, Hawaii - 04/02

Caribbean - 04/09

Bermuda, Canada / England - 04/09

Andy:

Thanks, I am waiting to book May, 2013 Adriatic cruise and Feb, 2014 Arctic cruise.

Ricky

Thanks for the heads up, Andy.

I will be on the Century in Austalia & Hawaii 2/17- 4/05 so I will be making frequent visits to future cruise sales:)

Hi TommyD3,

That's great to hear. Have a wonderful time on Century !

Hi FortyNinerLiz,

My pleasure. As for Solstice... she ends her season (in April 2013) in Ensenada. As Celebrity cannot send her through the Panama Canal, it seems the chances of Solstice being deployed in Alaska for Summer 2013 are good. This is not fact, but speculating is fun. We will see what happens. Stay Tuned !

The Millennium already has a cruise scheduled for May 2013 for a SB Seward-Vancouver cruise so I was thinking that she would stay and do the NB/SB route again. I am anxiously awaiting the release of Alaska 2013 so I can book another cruise to that amazing place! :D

The Millennium already has a cruise scheduled for May 2013 for a SB Seward-Vancouver cruise so I was thinking that she would stay and do the NB/SB route again. I am anxiously awaiting the release of Alaska 2013 so I can book another cruise to that amazing place! :D

Us too !!! Want to do the Southbound after a few days at Denali park :D

Anxiously waiting

Us too !!! Want to do the Southbound after a few days at Denali park :D

Anxiously waiting

When are you guys planning on going next year? We're looking at a SB possibly over July 4th with a week inland (Denali, Matanuska etc) prior to the cruise. Maybe we'll all be on the Millie (or Solstice) at the same time! 27 days until we find out what ships will be there and when! :)

Hi Jazzbeau,

I'd be happy to, but I do not have contacts at Princess. I wish I could be of more assistance.

Andy, any idea on the RCCL deployment schedule for the Northeast for Bermuda/Carribean.

In the past years, the deployment schedules for RCCL/X were released at the same time.

TNX

Ken

Andy, any idea on the RCCL deployment schedule for the Northeast for Bermuda/Carribean.

In the past years, the deployment schedules for RCCL/X were released at the same time.

TNX

Ken

Hi Ken,

I generally speak with Celebrity, but I will ask if they can obtain the information from Royal. If I receive it (it may take a couple of days), I will post it on the Royal Caribbean Forum.

I believe you are correct, that RCCL's releases generally happen around the same time as Celebrity.

When are you guys planning on going next year? We're looking at a SB possibly over July 4th with a week inland (Denali, Matanuska etc) prior to the cruise. Maybe we'll all be on the Millie (or Solstice) at the same time! 27 days until we find out what ships will be there and when! :)

I went over the 4th of July this past summer (2011 ) because that is the time that worked best for my best friend that I travelled with. We were just a tad early for the salmon runs in alot of the places that we went, but we had amazing weather ( we wore tank tops) and had a fabulous time! Now I have finally talked my husband into going with me ( he has a terrible fear of flying ) and he wants to do some fishing in Homer so we are going at the end of July. If the Millennium stays on a regular SB/NB schedule after the cruise that is showing on the Celebrity website, I figure the SB cruises that I will choose from are either July 19 or Aug. 2. If I have figured everything out right, there should be a July 5th SB for you to take.

But all of this is based on the one cruise that Millennium shows for May 2013. Who knows what Celebrity has in mind for after that!

Archived