2013 / 2014 Deployment Thread (Updated 4/11/12)

Andy

I went over the 4th of July this past summer (2011 ) because that is the time that worked best for my best friend that I travelled with. We were just a tad early for the salmon runs in alot of the places that we went' date=' but we had amazing weather ( we wore tank tops) and had a fabulous time! Now I have finally talked my husband into going with me ( he has a terrible fear of flying ) and he wants to do some fishing in Homer so we are going at the end of July. If the Millennium stays on a regular SB/NB schedule after the cruise that is showing on the Celebrity website, I figure the SB cruises that I will choose from are either July 19 or Aug. 2. If I have figured everything out right, there should be a July 5th SB for you to take.

But all of this is based on the one cruise that Millennium shows for May 2013. Who knows what Celebrity has in mind for after that![/quote']

I sort of figured the same thing. We will probably be on either the July 5th or possibly the July 19th - if everything is as you say how we figured. I'm still trying to decide if we want to be in Seward on July 4th and what kind of problems that may cause getting the train down there, hotel, boat tours etc. Who knows...maybe we'll see you on July 19, 2013! :)

Thanks Andy. I'm hoping that Celebrity will have a Mediterranean cruise that goes R/T from a decent departure port, similar to the one they had when they launced Millennium in 2000. They had a great 11 night eastern Med cruise R/T out of Genoa.

Hi All :)

Am new to Celebrity. Have cruised Carnival, RCCL and Princess. Looking to do something a little different and a little more formal for our 40th anniversary in June 2013!!! Can't wait for the 2013 Hawaii schedule to be released! REALLY want to do a LA or SanFran round trip to Hawaii, but hope one of the NEW ships will be doing that route!

Later!

BOB :)

Andy, any idea on the RCCL deployment schedule for the Northeast for Bermuda/Carribean.

In the past years, the deployment schedules for RCCL/X were released at the same time.

TNX

Ken

They were posted on Royal's board about a week ago. Do a search for 2014 and the thread should pop up. They seemed a bit more spread out than X.

Hi Andy,

Thanks so much for the info. You always come through for us and it is much appreciated.

Anne

Thank you Anne. That is very kind of you to say !

RCL is supposed to release their northeast / Canada and Caribbean schedule the week of April 2.

Host Andy - is there any chance Celebrity will return to Baltimore - or are they leaving the market to RCL and Carnival?

Would love to get back to Celebrity - but do not want to fly.

Host Andy - is there any chance Celebrity will return to Baltimore - or are they leaving the market to RCL and Carnival?

Would love to get back to Celebrity - but do not want to fly.

Hi Atb,

Of course there is a chance, but I would be surprised if it happens. From what I recall, many of their previous sailings were selling at low pricing, and that does not make a Cruise line eager to return. They would also have competition from Royal Caribbean's Enchantment and Carnival Pride.

Never say never though !

Drat DH has been asked to commit to 2013 dates workwise today, so we are either going to have to guess for June 2013 or go with Azamara as their sailings for then are released. Its nice to get work but it interferes with my cruising :)

Where is Azamara going in June? Wish they'd go to Bermuda!

Hi Hcat,

Both Journey & Quest will be in Europe in Summer 2012 & 2013. Nothing planned for Bermuda through 2013, though they will offer some Caribbean sailings in March, November & December 2013 on Quest. I will definitely be on at least 1 of those sailings.

Hi Andy,

thanks for the update. I hear Azamara is the best way to cruise Europe...your thoughts?

If you want a port intensive cruise in a ship small enough to get into harbours others can't Azamara is the way to go. Less glitzy ships but the service is unbelievable and so much more is included in the price ( gratuities, wine, sodas port shuttles, coffees etc)

We can hardly wait for the new transatlantic itineraries for 2013 to be posted.

As we've mentioned before we prefer the smaller ships, longer itineraries, and sailings from the mid-atlantic states!

Hi Andy,

thanks for the update. I hear Azamara is the best way to cruise Europe...your thoughts?

Hi Sandi,

I second what UKtog mentioned. Azamara's service & cuisine are outstanding, and their ships are beautful but cozy. You wont find big production shows, but we thought the entertainment was fine. The experience virtually feels like your own private yacht, as their ships carry just under 700 Guests. We love Celebrity, but Azamara and Celebrity are two entirely different products. If Azamara were sailing the Caribbean from Florida in 2012, we would be sailing again. The good news is, they will be returning to Miami for a handful of Caribbean sailings in 2013.

If you have additonal questions, I moderate the Azamara Forum. Please visit us there ! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=466 . I hope this helps !

Hi Everyone !

You asked, and here it is - Celebrity's 2013/2014 Deployment release dates. As in past years, they are probably "week of" dates, and are subject to change.

I hope this is helpful. Enjoy !

Galapagos - 03/05

Alaska - 03/12

Northern Europe - 03/12

Europe - 03/19

Asia, Australia, New Zealand - 03/26

South America, Panama Canal, Hawaii - 04/02

Caribbean - 04/09

Bermuda, Canada / England - 04/09

Thank you very much! Do you have a link for the new deployment list? :)

Hi Andy

Thanks for the info....

I am going to check out the Quest sailings for Nov..Dec 2013.. usually they seem a bit pricey for us with a balcony & lately we have been very happy with S class...& BLU.. But it does not hurt to check them out! If they went to Bermuda & could dock in Hamilton, we'd book instantly as would many others, I suspect!!!

do you think anything will leak out about Celeb. Carib itins before the April date??? we want to see if we can get the itin that Equinox used to take that goes to W Carib--Cartagena, Roatan etc...

Thank you very much! Do you have a link for the new deployment list? :)

Hi Celebrity Fan,

I do not have a link, but I'm hopeful that Celebrity will provide the info to us, as soon as it's available. I will continue to ask. I'm sure other CC friends will also provide updates.

2013/2014 should start with Galapagos (Celebrity Xpedition) sometime next week.

I am almost positive that I read in either Cruise critic news or Celebrity news that the Solstice will be doing Alaska in 2013. It stuck in my head cause I was majorly disappointed cause I would have wanted to go on that ship. I haven't been on it yet and have heard so many positive things about it.

I am already book on the Millenium for this June 22 southbound. I think I would have been tempted to wait until next year. I know the Millenium is getting solsticized in April but figured it wouldn't be the same as the real Solstice ship.

I am excited that it is at least being re-done and I always look forward to going to Alaska. Sure do wish Celebrity would take Icy Strait Point off their itinerary and put Sitka on instead. Hardly anyone except HAL goes to Sitka and it is so beautiful. We went there on our first Alaska cruise in 2001 and my husband fell in love with it but he isn't fond of HAL. He thinks their ships are too old looking.

I am waiting for the 2013 inineraries for Europe from Celebrity. I would like to do a trip to the Eastern Mediterrean in either May or November of 2013. We shall see. It is already March. Where has the first two months gone.

I am almost positive that I read in either Cruise critic news or Celebrity news that the Solstice will be doing Alaska in 2013. It stuck in my head cause I was majorly disappointed cause I would have wanted to go on that ship. I haven't been on it yet and have heard so many positive things about it.

Hi Poolwife,

Solstice to Alaska in Summer 2013 was confirmed by Celebrity last week. Bookings should open the week of 3/12.

Hi Celebrity Fan,

I do not have a link, but I'm hopeful that Celebrity will provide the info to us, as soon as it's available. I will continue to ask. I'm sure other CC friends will also provide updates.

2013/2014 should start with Galapagos (Celebrity Xpedition) sometime next week.

Well, ok, thank you! But at least let's we have information! :)

So let's wait, I am very interested about the new Northern Europe program! :)

Archived