2013 / 2014 Deployment Thread (Updated 4/11/12)

Andy

Well, they finally released the 2014 Transpacific and they ruined it for us. The itinerary is:

Departing from Shanghai (Baoshan), China; Jeju Island, South Korea; Kobe, Japan; Tokyo (Yokohama), Japan; International Dateline; Dutch Harbor, Alaska; Vancouver, British Columbia

Unfortunately because DH has a DUI on his record from 20 years ago, he can't go to Canada

I hope the rest of you have a good time on the cruise, it looks amazing

Well, they finally released the 2014 Transpacific and they ruined it for us. The itinerary is:

Departing from Shanghai (Baoshan), China; Jeju Island, South Korea; Kobe, Japan; Tokyo (Yokohama), Japan; International Dateline; Dutch Harbor, Alaska; Vancouver, British Columbia.

This cruise isn't showing up for me on Celeb's website!! How did you find it?

WOW I never knew that. I'm so sorry to hear that. Learn something new every day.

Look here http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g153339-c49436/Canada:Dwi.Or.Dui.Driving.Convictions.html

or

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/402/~/entering-the-u.s.-and-canada-with-dui-offenses

To find the cruise on Celebrity, just put in Transpacific for destination

To find the cruise on Celebrity, just put in Transpacific for destination

I do that and I get an "oops"- no cruises can be found. Your description of the 2014 itinerary is even more appealing than the sold-out 2013 voyage.

Sorry to hear about your not being able to take this cruise due to Canada's laws---perhaps you could provided you disembark in Dutch Harbor?

I do that and I get an "oops"- no cruises can be found. Your description of the 2014 itinerary is even more appealing than the sold-out 2013 voyage.

Sorry to hear about your not being able to take this cruise due to Canada's laws---perhaps you could provided you disembark in Dutch Harbor?

http://www.celebritycruises.com/search/searchResultsVacationItinerary.do?packageid=ML17T004&dest=TPACI&shipCode=ML&sailDate=1140426&cabincls=B&promoType=

I thought about disembarking in Dutch Harbor, but it's in the middle of the Aleutian Islands and there's no easy way off except cruise ship

Well, I am disappointed that the Canada/New England cruises did not change for 2013. Was hoping they would add Boston to the itinerary.

Did a round trip Bayonne on the Constellation in 2006 for 11 nights and it went to Boston. So beautiful and it was a great trip. I love that this is a 14 nighter but Gaspe? Or Why not, Newfoundland?

Anyway, it is what it is. I will check with some other cruise lines and see what they are offering for itineraries like Royal and Princess. Won't cruise NCL and my husband doesn't like HAL much.

I understand your DH does not like HAL (we find them very similar to Celebrity - the hardware is different), but they have two ships going to Boston next year, Maasdam (Montreal to Boston or Boston to Montreal) and Veendam (Quesbec City to Boston or Boston to Quebec City). Veendam even has a one time Boston roundtrip in August 2013.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/search/searchResultsVacationItinerary.do?packageid=ML17T004&dest=TPACI&shipCode=ML&sailDate=1140426&cabincls=B&promoType=

I thought about disembarking in Dutch Harbor, but it's in the middle of the Aleutian Islands and there's no easy way off except cruise ship

Thanks, got it- now have to learn more about the Sweet 16- wonder if those cabins remain the same after the "solsticization"....

Thanks, got it- now have to learn more about the Sweet 16- wonder if those cabins remain the same after the "solsticization"....

No changes to the Sweet 16 cabins after Solsticization other than new soft goods (bedding, etc.):)

Departing from Shanghai (Baoshan), China; Jeju Island, South Korea; Kobe, Japan; Tokyo (Yokohama), Japan; International Dateline; Dutch Harbor, Alaska; Vancouver, British Columbia

Unfortunately because DH has a DUI on his record from 20 years ago, he can't go to Canada

I hope the rest of you have a good time on the cruise, it looks amazing

Thanks for alerting me to this itinerary. It works so much better for us ending in Vancouver. We have just booked it - a total surprise!

As for your DH's issue - have you confirmed that you would not be allowed to end your cruise in Vancouver? The reason I ask is because my brother lives there and, when I first visited him, he pointed out a cruise ship in the harbour and told me that US citizens started and finished cruises in Vancouver without technically being on Canadian soil. He said that they were bused between the airport and the ship [and v.v.] without ever going through Canadian Immigration.

Years later, when we [uK citizens] took a cruise from Vancouver, we had to pass through US Immigration before we could board the ship.

If you do find that you can book the cruise, I have just started the Roll Call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1623782

Sue

Woohooo.... We are currently on board the Silhouette and we just booked the Transpacific for 2014.

When we get back home, we'll start a Roll Call if no one beats me to it. :D

It is definitely there now. We just booked it online.

Sue

Getting jealous--debating about waiting til we are on the Silhouette in June to book. Also want to check out the Millie's itinerary immediately before this cruise as we are planning on piggybacking with a Viking River cruise.

I would contact the Canadian Consult in your area http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/washington/offices-bureaux/index.aspx?menu_id=160&menu=L&view=d

It may be better to get the info from consult, maybe it is not that bad to get in

Just think of all the sport team playing that cross the boader all the time, you would think some of them would have a DUI

Getting jealous--debating about waiting til we are on the Silhouette in June to book. Also want to check out the Millie's itinerary immediately before this cruise as we are planning on piggybacking with a Viking River cruise.

I have a theory about the preceeding cruise. As it is not yet on the website AND the transpacific was delayed, I think that it may have been chartered. The pattern is the same as what happened with the Constellation Black Sea cruises where part of the repositioning from Amsterdam to Barcelona has been chartered.

I hope that you are not disappointed as we were.

Sue

I have a theory about the preceeding cruise. As it is not yet on the website AND the transpacific was delayed, I think that it may have been chartered. The pattern is the same as what happened with the Constellation Black Sea cruises where part of the repositioning from Amsterdam to Barcelona has been chartered.

I hope that you are not disappointed as we were.

Sue

I found the cruise preceeding TransPacific on the Celeb website this a.m. It departs from Hong Kong on the 13th with stops in Taiwan, Nagasaki, Busan South Korea, Jeju Is. South Korea, 2 or 3 nites in Tianjin (Beijing) and concludes in Shanghai.

I found the cruise preceeding TransPacific on the Celeb website this a.m. It departs from Hong Kong on the 13th with stops in Taiwan, Nagasaki, Busan South Korea, Jeju Is. South Korea, 2 or 3 nites in Tianjin (Beijing) and concludes in Shanghai.

I see it now. It was not there our [uK] am.

Sue

Archived