First Family Cruise..a couple of ?'s

emt6121

We are taking our first family cruise in October and among our group will be my son who is 11 and my granddaughter who will be almost 3...my questions that I can think of right now are:

-do we have to ask for a crib for our room?

-The adults all have passports but what do I use for ID for the 2 minors?

Thanks in Advance!!

I believe you have to request a crib in the room but I think you can request it before your cruise so that it's ready when you get there.

As far as the IDs go... if you're required to have passports for where you're going the children will need them as well. If you're embarking and disembarking at the same port a birth certificate and possibly a state ID may work.

I know in Ohio (where I live) you can go to the license bureau and get a state ID for around $20 and it's a substitution for people without a license or children.

Do we have to ask for a crib for our room?

Yes, you need to ask. You can call Carnival (or your travel agent) to have it setup before you board. The portable crib is 38" L x 24" W.

The adults all have passports but what do I use for ID for the 2 minors?

They will need birth certificates. Original or certified copy of state issued birth certificate is required. Hospital issued will not work. It should also have the names of both parents on it. If both parents are not cruising, there is another requirement and offhand I can't remember what it is. It is some sort of notarized letter from the non traveling parent to be able to take the child out of the country.

I've read here the cost of passports is going up again in July. They're good for 5 years for minors and are really the best for travel/ID. Please be sure you have the correct notarized letter giving you permission to take your grandchild out of the country. You're not the parents on the BC so you will need the supporting document. This is more commonly needed when taking along friends of your kids.

All they need is a bc if you're Americans leaving and returning to the same US port. You can request the crib ahead of time and it'll be waiting for you in the room. You might just want to bring your own sheet since the ones on the ship can be a tad scratchy. Our son will be in a crib, too... He's turning 3 on the trip and has been in a bed for over a year, but both of my boys are too young for the upper and they'll play all night if they share a lower bed. Sometimes a crib just works out better :)

I have been traveling for years with grandchildren, all they need is BC. If a parent is not traveling with them you need notarized letter stating dates you will be gone, ship name and permission for medical attention. However, I will say that of twelve cruises I have never been asked to see the letter (but better safe than sorry so I always take it):)

Thanks for all the info..I ask about the crib because I'm not sure if she will be in a bed by October or not, she's very petite for her age.

Her mother is traveling with us, father is not involved, and my husband & I have legal guardianship of her so I will make sure to take her BC & Certificate of Legal Guardianship!

Again, thanks for the info

Archived