Overview of drink packages

sarafinadh

Little point in memorizing it as the prices are out of date and some of the selections no longer available.

Yes, they seem to be changing monthly. It would be to be more passenger friendly if they listed on the website and updated it. Why they hide is beyond me. It only annoys folks.:confused:

And removing two imports (well they are "imports" if you live in the US;)) was penny foolish in my opionion. But, heck, I'm only a passenger, not the cruise line.

S

• 2 weeks later...

My drink of choice is rum and Pepsi (Coke if no Pepsi). Can anyone who has taken a cruise in the last year tell me what kind of rum I can get with the Classic package? Is it recommended that I upgrade to the Premium package. I will likely not drink any other kind of alcohol.

Thanks, (my first posting)

Little point in memorizing it as the prices are out of date and some of the selections no longer available.

Ya, the people who are posting price lists should really take them down after they get out of date, it really does more harm than good leaving those online. If they leave them up they should edit them to say "THESE ARE OUT OF DATE". It's really screwing people up.

I understand the price limits on the Classic Beverage Package, but can anybody tell me if you can get any alcoholic cocktails on the package inside the $8 limit please?

Yes you can. The premium liquors and super dupper foo foo drinks are what will be priced above the $8. Rum n coke, whiskey sour, taquila sunrise, all the basic drinks will be within the price point.

Yes you can. The premium liquors and super dupper foo foo drinks are what will be priced above the $8. Rum n coke, whiskey sour, taquila sunrise, all the basic drinks will be within the price point.

Thanks. Do you think a normal Mojito would be included? What about a Margarita? I'm not going to go through the whole menu, but those are just a couple of drinks I would like to have and I don't know what sort of price they are charging for them at the moment! Many thanks

Hi all,

Trying to get through this thread, so I sincerely apologize if this question has been asked before. We will have the Premium package on the an upcoming Summit cruise. First time with the package, second time on Summit. Anyway, I understand that you cannot order two alcoholic beverages at the same time on your card and have it apply to the package, but let's say you are having dinner and you want to have a Pellegrino and also a glass of wine. Another example may be that we go enjoy the martini bar, but like to stay hydrated, so ask for a bottle of Evian with the martini. How do they handle these issues? Do they charge you for the water or do they let it go since it is a different type of beverage?

Thanks,

John

Edited by cubfan65

Thanks. Do you think a normal Mojito would be included? What about a Margarita? I'm not going to go through the whole menu, but those are just a couple of drinks I would like to have and I don't know what sort of price they are charging for them at the moment! Many thanks

They will be able to make one for you that fits within the price point of the classic pkg. On the Reflection last Nov our travling friends had the classic, we the premium, and they never had a problem with an up charge for a drink. Most of the bar tenders will be happy to help, just tell them what you have and need to stay within the package guidelines.

Hi all,

Trying to get through this thread, so I sincerely apologize if this question has been asked before. We will have the Premium package on the an upcoming Summit cruise. First time with the package, second time on Summit. Anyway, I understand that you cannot order two alcoholic beverages at the same time on your card and have it apply to the package, but let's say you are having dinner and you want to have a Pellegrino and also a glass of wine. Another example may be that we go enjoy the martini bar, but like to stay hydrated, so ask for a bottle of Evian with the martini. How do they handle these issues? Do they charge you for the water or do they let it go since it is a different type of beverage?

Thanks,

John

You have it down! We never had a problem getting the wifester a glass of wine and a bottle water. At dinner when we were seated the first thing they did was set down the bottle water and the bottle of wine at the same time, then poured till they were empty, then brought more! We had the premium too.

They will be able to make one for you that fits within the price point of the classic pkg. On the Reflection last Nov our travling friends had the classic, we the premium, and they never had a problem with an up charge for a drink. Most of the bar tenders will be happy to help, just tell them what you have and need to stay within the package guidelines.

That sounds like a sensible approach. I hope they will be accommodating if I ask nicely!

Thanks for helping.

That sounds like a sensible approach. I hope they will be accommodating if I ask nicely!

Thanks for helping.

The only time we had an issue was the first evening in the MDR with the SOM. The Shiraz the wifester wanted was not available on the MDR menu, the SOM said, sorry, pick something else. So the next evening we stopped at the Sunset Bar where the bartender so wonderfully made sure it was "in stock" for her, and went to dinner. We sat down those awfull ugly blue plastic glasses on the table, much to the horror of the SOM, who quickly transfered it to one on the table. When the wife wanted another, I got up between courses and went to the Sunset and retrived her another. in the ugly blue plastic glass and once again sat it on the wonderful white clothed table, in plain view. The SOM got the message, she had it for my wife the next dinner service, and the rest of the week the service was so wonderful. including a tour of the wine rack, I did hand her a tad extra the final evening.

Edited by wallie5446

Wallie I won't "quote you" since it's right below this post but you made my day with your story! Even though we have been HAL/RCI folks - first on Celebrity (Summit 9/7) the image of the blue bar glass on the table made me chuckle I LOT!) :DThanks!

Steve

Steve next month you will have the pleasure of using the wonderful blue plastic glass ware. Ok, at all the outside and pool bars they use plastic glass ware to protect us from ourselves; if we broke a glass by the pool, we may by pure accident mind you, step on it and need to visit the ship medical facility for a bandaid! With the plastic all we need is a refill. :D

Published by Celebrity May 2014 and wine list see note in file.

Hope this helps we were on cruise from UK in June 2014 no problems with either Classic or Premium or wine all good.

Classic Package Inclusions - Inclusions after Pricing Rollback_052814_FINAL.pdf

Wine list 2014.xls

Premium Package Inclusions - Inclusions after Pricing Rollback_052814_FINAL.pdf

The only time we had an issue was the first evening in the MDR with the SOM. The Shiraz the wifester wanted was not available on the MDR menu, the SOM said, sorry, pick something else. So the next evening we stopped at the Sunset Bar where the bartender so wonderfully made sure it was "in stock" for her, and went to dinner. We sat down those awfull ugly blue plastic glasses on the table, much to the horror of the SOM, who quickly transfered it to one on the table. When the wife wanted another, I got up between courses and went to the Sunset and retrived her another. in the ugly blue plastic glass and once again sat it on the wonderful white clothed table, in plain view. The SOM got the message, she had it for my wife the next dinner service, and the rest of the week the service was so wonderful. including a tour of the wine rack, I did hand her a tad extra the final evening.

Excellent. Well done.