Overview of drink packages

sarafinadh

Hi JLS07,

Maybe I didn't explain it well enough.

The MAIN LIST for the MDR is pretty much identical to "the book" found in Cellar Masters (they have a few more offerings, because they also have items that are found on the various Specialty Restaurant Wine Lists... ie Tuscan Grille features a long list of Italians... although many of them are also repeats from the bigger MDR list)

As for the Wines By the Glass in Cellar Masters, they change often... hence no list. There will be a list for the day... based on what is currently being featured.

So if there was a big event on France that day, the By the Glass offerings would be dominated by French Wines, along with some others from around the world (Sparkling, Champagne, various Whites, Red, Ice Wine, Ports, etc)... the Bartender in Cellar Masters also makes some cocktails...

We found that there was always plenty available for someone on "the package"... (we were Premium so up to $ 12)... although as memory serves me there was lots for Classic folks as well ($ 8 and under)

Clearer ?

Cellar Masters is very cozy... and they put out a few bits and pieces to nibble on (cheese, crackers, olives, etc)

A nice place for a late afternoon or before dinner drink.

Cheers!

Perfectly!!

Thank you. I can tell you where you will be able to find me every night now.

I might try the glasses in pressurized bottles, but I think I will be sticking mainly to the drinks covered in the packages. First, I am paying for a package so I don't see paying for anything else really. Second, just don't see how bottles can be that fresh. If they open one right there - fine. But sitting there . . .. Not so sure even with that technology.

I know last time I fell into a man-crush with Brian? from Canada who was a server in Michael's. I went multiple times to the tastings there (Scotch, Bourbon, Etc.) and by the end I was trying things that were priced way above what should have been offered.

I am guessing that the same thing will probably be able to occur in the wine tastings. In fact by the end I was the only one there in the Michael's tastes and I just sat at the bar and he was giving me tastes of this and that.

If you happen to get Brian (I am about 90% certain that is his name) he is a treat.

Perfectly!!

Thank you. I can tell you where you will be able to find me every night now.

I might try the glasses in pressurized bottles, but I think I will be sticking mainly to the drinks covered in the packages. First, I am paying for a package so I don't see paying for anything else really. Second, just don't see how bottles can be that fresh. If they open one right there - fine. But sitting there . . .. Not so sure even with that technology.

I know last time I fell into a man-crush with Brian? from Canada who was a server in Michael's. I went multiple times to the tastings there (Scotch, Bourbon, Etc.) and by the end I was trying things that were priced way above what should have been offered.

I am guessing that the same thing will probably be able to occur in the wine tastings. In fact by the end I was the only one there in the Michael's tastes and I just sat at the bar and he was giving me tastes of this and that.

If you happen to get Brian (I am about 90% certain that is his name) he is a treat.

HI JLS07,

Lol I get the "atttraction"... there is something to be said for a GREAT Bartender / Sommelier !!

Just remember that old saying I have "IF you do something EXTRA for me... then I am more than happy to do something EXTRA for you"

We most certainly EXTRA Tipped our Sommlier in the MDR (I swear this guy was getting wine pours for us from Cellar Masters of some better wines otherwise not available by the glass)... and we also EXTRA Tipped our favourite Bartender (Passport Bar)... who went out of his way to make us feel welcome every day.

Lol, the Passport Bar isn't the most popular bar on the ship... that honour would go to the Martini Bar / Molecular Bar / or Pool Bar... BUT our Bartender went "overboard" (pun intended) to pour our favourite drinks as he saw us walking across the room... and occasionally offer us a "wee taste" ("What's that you are making?")... its his fault I discovered what I nicknamed "Dessert in a glass" a Pyrat Alexander. Plus he was just an all-around good guy, helpful when he could... ("Hey did you happen to see my Hubby, GF or Friends come by this way?")... so it was easy to give him an EXTRA tip at the end of the cruise... as he made our vacation so remarkable / memorable.

As others have said here before on these Boards, the Service on Celebrity is AMAZING. There really are some true connections that are made between Guests & Crew.

Our buddy the Bartender is a real asset to Celebrity, he told me he's been with the company 15+ Years, and been assigned primarily to the Solstice since its launch (said he really liked this ship... and LOVED as a Crew Member all the great Destinations it goes to... he's rejoining for a new contract later this month... having been off for 2 months of shore leave ... and since my return from the cruise, I've read the ship is bound for Alaska this summer... so another great piece of the world for my buddy to see... I am truly happy for him)

Cheers!

Trust me, you have no idea how much time and effort SARAFINADH and I have put into getting this together for 2012 in some sort of understandable fashion so you all can benefit !!

The sad and pathetic thing? I already wish I could rewrite it and start this thread all over!

There are just endless issues...

Our buddy the Bartender is a real asset to Celebrity, he told me he's been with the company 15+ Years, and been assigned primarily to the Solstice since its launch (said he really liked this ship... and LOVED as a Crew Member all the great Destinations it goes to... he's rejoining for a new contract later this month... having been off for 2 months of shore leave ... and since my return from the cruise, I've read the ship is bound for Alaska this summer... so another great piece of the world for my buddy to see... I am truly happy for him)

Cheers!

CORRECTION...

I got my dates wrong... The Solstice isn't going to Alaska until the Summer of 2013.

Cheers!

Sloop-JohnB

The sad and pathetic thing? I already wish I could rewrite it and start this thread all over!

There are just endless issues...

HI SARAFINADH,

Yes I know what you mean...

Endless issues... (and permatations) is an UNDERSTATEMENT !!

Cheers!

Sorry, Sloop John, I am still dense I guess. Is there any difference between the Coffee offerings in the Classic and Premium NA package? Or is the Premium upcharge for other things like smoothies?

TO GRBLIZZ,

No problem... here you go...

Classic Non-Alcoholic Package – Includes Pop, Fresh Squeezed and Bottled Juices, Premium Coffees & Teas, and Non-Premium Bottled Waters

Premium Non-Alcoholic Package – Includes all the items from the Classic Package… PLUS – Premium Bottled Waters (such as Evian, Perrier, and San Pellegrino), Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks & Smoothies, Energy Drinks (like Red Bull), and Specialty Waters (like VitaminWater)

The Premium Coffees (espresso based) onboard as of my sailing (January 2012) were LavAzza, Premium Teas were Forte, and both were available primarily in on-board Coffee Shop (Café Bacio on “S-Class or Solsticized” Ships). BUT the premium coffees were also available in other venues as well such as… MDRs - and all Specialty Restaurants.

They are also reportedly available at Elite Breakfasts… and to all Suite Guests (in suite) FREE of charge... (at least that is what I believe I read elsewhere here on the CC CELEBRITY BOARD... I'm not elite, so haven't witnessed that personally)

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Well cool, I'm glad having it in one place is helpful, but please can anyone say if I have described the policy correctly?

The other thing that is pretty helpful and cool in deciding this stuff is the excel spreadsheet that calculates your projected usage and tells you how much you might spend based on how you fill out the form.

It's here; https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtQ-heWqtag3dDB3dlRCdkk5MFJ6RFYycUM4T2Vocnc&hl=en#gid=0

To use it you need to download it and open SCREEN 1.

; -D

Thanks sarafinadh... however I am having trouble downloading the file. How do you save it? as an excel spreadsheet?

Thanks sarafinadh... however I am having trouble downloading the file. How do you save it? as an excel spreadsheet?

It's a bit tricky. On the web page there is a *File* option under the words Celebrity Beverage Package.

That's where you go to hit the dropdown and download as an excel file. Then on your own computer you can add info aqnd it will calculate usage.

Let me know if you run into more stonewalls. I had a really hard time till I figured it out!

As I understand it, you do not have to sign up for the drink package immediately and it will be prorated accordingly. How many days at sea will they let you sail and still allow you to purchase it. I would like to see if I am really drinking enough to make it worthwhile before purchasing. I figured that Saturday and Sunday would provide me with a good idea. Will they let me purchase it on Monday morning for use Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday?

Thanks,

Carol

As I understand it, you do not have to sign up for the drink package immediately and it will be prorated accordingly. How many days at sea will they let you sail and still allow you to purchase it. I would like to see if I am really drinking enough to make it worthwhile before purchasing. I figured that Saturday and Sunday would provide me with a good idea. Will they let me purchase it on Monday morning for use Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday?

Thanks,

Carol

My understanding is that you can purchase it up until the last two days of the cruise, so you'll be fine.

Funny enough I was looking at the Celebrity website, and his picture is the bartender on the "Onboard" then "Bars and Lounges". I found it very funny that not only was it a real bartender, but it is "my" bartender.

It's a bit tricky. On the web page there is a *File* option under the words Celebrity Beverage Package.

That's where you go to hit the dropdown and download as an excel file. Then on your own computer you can add info aqnd it will calculate usage.

Let me know if you run into more stonewalls. I had a really hard time till I figured it out!

Still wont download... very odd indeed.... not sure why... I may have to copy into my own spreadsheet .

Just returned from the Millenium 5-Day Roatan/Cozumel trip and opted for the Premium Non-alcoholic package. I don't know how folks drink enough alcohol to make the other package worthwhile. I guess I'm a light weight but with all the rocking of the ship I couldn't walk in a straight line after only a glass of wine in my cabin before dinner!

Loved the smoothies and virgin fru-fru's. Also recommend the all natural smoothies from the spa food area. Ageless was scrumptious!

I didn't buy it until the second day after lamenting what to do and as other posters have said, the peace of mind knowing I wasn't paying by the drink made my orders much more enjoyable! I had no problem getting my money's worth, even with two ports of call.

Thanks for all the time and energy you all have put into compiling all the info! :)

So what is the collected wisdom regarding the prepayment of premium alcohol beverage package:D..which for the four of us is over $1600:eek:. Does it pay to wait in case a disccount is offered (read that they recently had a 10% discount offer) before sailing..or if its prepaid do they honor the discount if offered by sailing? and if we do wait is there a possibility of being shut out of this deal?:confused:

I think a G&T with premium liquor is $8 or maybe even $9. It was one of the things I considered as I knew I would order all my vodka drinks with Grey Goose. I saw somewhere that cocktails made with premium liquors were this much.

Another thing to consider is the 15% added gratuity. When I pointed out to DH that my beloved cosmos would not be $10 but really $11.50, he was on board with buying me a package!

Just an FYI...the limit on each package is based on before gratuity prices. So when it says, for instance, that the classic package covers drinks up to $8, you can order anything up to $8 before the gratuity is added. So if you order a cocktail that's $12 before gratuity and you have the premium package, it's still covered, even though the 15% would put it over $12.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been asked before in the 8 pages

you stated '*Note if you order an alcoholic beverage over the $12 price then you will be charged the DIFFERENCE of the cost of your drink. This is not a stated Celebrity policy but is the standard operating procedure aboard. '

I actually turned down the premium package on Eclipse and Silhouette last year as when I asked they said if a drink was over $12 a glass you had to pay the whole price. I only drink champagne (Not American Sparkling wine) with dinner and the cheapest was $13.50 per glass.

So has something changed and if unofficial can anyone confirm this is fleet wide

as am back on eclipse shortly and Reflection later this year

Thanks

Sorry if this has been asked before in the 8 pages

you stated '*Note if you order an alcoholic beverage over the $12 price then you will be charged the DIFFERENCE of the cost of your drink. This is not a stated Celebrity policy but is the standard operating procedure aboard. '

I actually turned down the premium package on Eclipse and Silhouette last year as when I asked they said if a drink was over $12 a glass you had to pay the whole price. I only drink champagne (Not American Sparkling wine) with dinner and the cheapest was $13.50 per glass.

So has something changed and if unofficial can anyone confirm this is fleet wide

as am back on eclipse shortly and Reflection later this year

Thanks

Not sure if this link will post. http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/subject.do?faqSubjectId=358&pagename=faq_questions

If not go to the FAQ section on the celebrity website and look under beverage packages... Your question is asked there... I would copy/paste for you but the page is not displaying correctly on my iPad.

Not sure if this link will post. http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/subject.do?faqSubjectId=358&pagename=faq_questions

If not go to the FAQ section on the celebrity website and look under beverage packages... Your question is asked there... I would copy/paste for you but the page is not displaying correctly on my iPad.

thanks that makes the deal work for me :D

The link worked fine, but the pages are not posting for me either (on a laptop). So it's prolly an X glitch, not your ipad