Royal Princess Schedule in Europe for 2013

paul929207

The decor appears to be different, more muted but classy. Some might say its missing a "Wow" factor but I disagree. I loved the renderings. You don't need flashing neon lights to wow people.

Agree -- very classy and looked very welcoming and comfortable, too. The decor is much lighter, too, both in terms of colour palette and in the feel/look of the furniture and fittings. I won't miss the glass elevators, either, which are pretty 1970s.

And I'm going to buck the tide here about the godmother. While I have nothing at all against the duchess of Cambridge, I think that Princess Anne, the Princess Royal, is the appropriate godmother of the Royal Princess. Kate can have the next one.

Agree -- very classy and looked very welcoming and comfortable, too. The decor is much lighter, too, both in terms of colour palette and in the feel/look of the furniture and fittings. I won't miss the glass elevators, either, which are pretty 1970s.

And I'm going to buck the tide here about the godmother. While I have nothing at all against the duchess of Cambridge, I think that Princess Anne, the Princess Royal, is the appropriate godmother of the Royal Princess. Kate can have the next one.

Hmmm... maybe so. But somehow I think that Kate, being married to the son of Princess Diana, is the more logical choice given that Diana was the godmother of the original Royal Princess.

HRH the Princess Royal has already christened a ship or two in her time. I think it would be nice to have the young Duchess christen the newest, youngest ship in the fleet.

The preview cruises will most likely be mostly for travel agents...

Interesting that her inaugural cruise is from Southampton. I would think that means that a certain new princess will be christening her... :)

I can only hope it will be Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. Now wouldn't that be great. Who was it that christened the previous Royal Princess? I give you one guess.

You are so generious. :)

They seem to be going for a Cowboy bar theme in Club Fusion on the Sapphire Princess, and it kind of fits that theme. Not that I'm a big fan of Club Fusion in the first place (I'd rather see something more in line with the Vista Lounge from the Grand/Golden/Star where people can actually see the stage) but it's not too bad, and that's pretty much the only place on the entire ship you see it. The Crown and Ruby had no neon at all that I could find, although they do use various colored lighting in their Club Fusions as well.

Not that I'm a big fan of Club Fusion in the first place (I'd rather see something more in line with the Vista Lounge from the Grand/Golden/Star where people can actually see the stage)
I agree. I think the Vista Lounge is a much better venue than Club Fusion. If they have to put TV screens in Club Fusion to see the stage, why bother going at all. You can just watch it later in your cabin.

Glad to have some info on the new Royal.

We did the first cruise on the Grand back in l998 out of Istanbul, it was suppose to be the 3rd cruise, ship was delivered late. They were still laying some carpet when we boarded, so one never knows.

We prefer to go on a new ship after it has been in service for at least 6 months.

So we will look for what's happening with this ship in 2014. Will try to get deck plans and more info when we are on the Ruby in March.

Glad to have some info on the new Royal.

We did the first cruise on the Grand back in l998 out of Istanbul, it was suppose to be the 3rd cruise, ship was delivered late. They were still laying some carpet when we boarded, so one never knows.

We prefer to go on a new ship after it has been in service for at least 6 months.

So we will look for what's happening with this ship in 2014. Will try to get deck plans and more info when we are on the Ruby in March.

My Future Cruise Counselor on the Ruby at New Year's was Philippa. She was very helpful. Hope she is still there so you get the same good service.

Royal's European itinerary sounds like the Grand Mediterranean cruise sailed by Ruby Princess. Will Ruby be moved somewhere else? Or will they both ply the same waters?

Since the Grand is moving to the west coast (doing Alaska from San Francisco) for the summer of 2013, the Ruby may take her European itineraries. I can't see Princess dropping a ship in Europe for the time being at least.

Since the Grand is moving to the west coast (doing Alaska from San Francisco) for the summer of 2013, the Ruby may take her European itineraries. I can't see Princess dropping a ship in Europe for the time being at least.
The Port of Gibraltar shows the Crown stopping there five times during 2013 so she is probably taking over the Grand's itineraries. With the Ruby stopping at Gibraltar once she will probably take over the Crown routes in the Mediterranean. The Aarhus port schedule is out for 2013 and it shows the Emerald stopping there every eleven days so she appears to be staying put. The Caribbean will probably keep the same itineraries for 2013 also. I have no inside knowledge, just making assumptions based upon 2013 port schedules.

I agree. I think the Vista Lounge is a much better venue than Club Fusion. If they have to put TV screens in Club Fusion to see the stage, why bother going at all. You can just watch it later in your cabin.

Yeah... here's hoping that they have dumped Club Fusion and reinstated the Vista Lounge! (probably not, but I've got my fingers crossed!).

I think it more likely that the Crown would replace the Grand and Ruby will stay in Med with Royal. Sorry for similar posts. I should have read all the way down before posting any. :)

The Port of Gibraltar shows the Crown stopping there five times during 2013 so she is probably taking over the Grand's itineraries. With the Ruby stopping at Gibraltar once she will probably take over the Crown routes in the Mediterranean. The Aarhus port schedule is out for 2013 and it shows the Emerald stopping there every eleven days so she appears to be staying put. The Caribbean will probably keep the same itineraries for 2013 also. I have no inside knowledge, just making assumptions based upon 2013 port schedules.

Good sleuthing - that's what I suspected. I'm going to adopt your technique to figure out the Ruby's TA for 2013. We are booked on the Crown's for Dec. 2012, but were waiting to see the Royal's TA itinerary in 2013. We weren't thrilled with it -- no Florence, no Casablanca. Just the regular ol' TA route.

Archived