Recent Circle C experience.

divngmedic

My oldest isn't the very social type. He is a lot like his mom I must say :D

In his past cruises he has NEVER liked the kids clubs. He was 13 this cruise, and we rarely saw him. His last experience was he had just turned 12 and the teen area on that cruise line was 12-17. Way to much of an age difference which made him very uncomfortable.

My youngest I would never let move up, but that is because of who/how he is. He is really short for his age (to the point that the Dr's wanted to put him on HGH). Let's just say he would annoy kids older than him very much! He will be turning 12 the last day of our 2013 cruise. NCL lets parents put their kids up higher if their birthday is during the cruise, yeah he will be staying with the 11 year olds! It's okay, his favorite things to do is any arts and crafts and building stuff. He won the penny boat contest in camp carnival with over 200 pennies (they ran out :D)

My daughter turns 15 on the last day of our cruise. I think she'll be bored with the "12" year old bunch, but not so sure I want her hanging with the 17 year olds.....from what I read about each group's activities, she'd like he older group better. Opinions ?

I read a thread earlier with family "ground rules" for teen on a cruise. I wrote some down I thought were great. For example, stay inside after dark (not out on decks), don't wander the decks with cabins, don't give anyone your cabin number...even new friends of the same sex.

How do the kids make plans to meet without phones and room numbers ? suggestions ?

Thanks

How do the kids make plans to meet without phones and room numbers ? suggestions ?

Thanks

you would be amazed how resourceful they can get when their electronic devices have been taken away :p. Most of the time my son & his new friends would meet up at one of the planned events and decide if they wanted to stick around or do their own thing. By the time we were a couple of days in to the cruise they had a group of a dozen or so "new best friends" so they didn't have too much trouble tracking eachother down.

you would be amazed how resourceful they can get when their electronic devices have been taken away :p. Most of the time my son & his new friends would meet up at one of the planned events and decide if they wanted to stick around or do their own thing. By the time we were a couple of days in to the cruise they had a group of a dozen or so "new best friends" so they didn't have too much trouble tracking eachother down.

Same here. My son was 12 on the last cruise. I "made" him go to the camp for the first night just so he could get a feel for things and meet some kids. Otherwise he could pick and choose what he wanted to do.

The majority of pictures I have of him on the cruise are all of him in his bed sleeping. That was really the only time I saw him. I had to start insisting that he join us for some meals since it was a family vacation.

Archived