Suite coffee machines

SuiteCruiser

Does anyone know if we could request a small coffee maker (the type in the other rooms) to be brought to the Suite (we're in a Haven Suite on the Gem)?

We like to bring our Kona coffee (and DH just doesn't want to rely on liking the LaVazza) :rolleyes:.

Thanks!!

The Gem is fantastic, and they met all of our requests. I have no reason to think that your butler would not track one down for you.:)

I just got of the Jewel & sailed in suite 10664 we had the Saeco machine made a delicious cup of coffee. I had the good fortune to visit the Garden Villa & they had the same machine if I recall correctly there were 3 of them in the Villa. These machiine cost about 1,500.00 a piece.

Thank you! If it's the Saeco, I assume it is the one that grinds beans and black coffee?

The Saeco machine uses beans, ground on demand. The Lavazza uses pods - the pods are much smaller than Keurig pods. Or is it vice versa? (lol). I have seen both kinds on different ships, and haven't kept track. Either way, they are both good. The one with the beans seems to need more maintenance as the grounds need to be emptied often.

Robin

Saeco was what we had on Jewel...there was lots of problems with it not being maintained

The Gem is fantastic, and they met all of our requests. I have no reason to think that your butler would not track one down for you.:)

Thanks Nalagh! While I hate the thought of even more stuff to carry (including Coke since we don't drink Pepsi), it's a worse thought having an unhappy hubby for a week! ;)

It looks like you can steam milk with those machines to make yourself a latte or cappuccino. So can we just tell our Butler that we'd like a small pitcher of skim milk in the fridge instead of flavored creamers or real cream?

• 3 months later...
I just got of the Jewel & sailed in suite 10664 we had the Saeco machine made a delicious cup of coffee. I had the good fortune to visit the Garden Villa & they had the same machine if I recall correctly there were 3 of them in the Villa. These machiine cost about 1,500.00 a piece.

We are going to be on Jewel in December, did this machine make tea? We were just in a front penthouse suite on star, and that coffee machine used pods and made tea. Thank you.

Sorry, unlike most of the others, I don't really care for the Lavazza machines that use the pods. I much preferred the machines that ground the beans instead. But at least there is a coffee maker in the suite. better than nothing, but I wouldn't brag about Lavazza. I do like the french press coffee in Cagney's.

We are going to be on Jewel in December, did this machine make tea? We were just in a front penthouse suite on star, and that coffee machine used pods and made tea. Thank you.

I think no one answered your question yet. I'm a tea drinker as well and we also stayed in a suite on Jewel.

The steam pipe also dispenses hot water, I think they had some tea bags next to the machine. You can bring more down from the machines up at the buffet or ask you butler. The butler also kept my fridge stocked with milk, as I drink my tea with milk only.

I think no one answered your question yet. I'm a tea drinker as well and we also stayed in a suite on Jewel.

The steam pipe also dispenses hot water, I think they had some tea bags next to the machine. You can bring more down from the machines up at the buffet or ask you butler. The butler also kept my fridge stocked with milk, as I drink my tea with milk only.

Thanks! Then I will bring my own tea from home. Will work out great, thanks.

Archived