2013/2014 Deployment Schedule(for bookings)

PH8

I have to say that as a UK based cruiser I've found all this a little depressing. We had hoped to sail on the Boston to Tampa repositioning cruise, having done it last year but all the JS's and all the aft cabins had gone before I even knew they were open. We don't have the luxury of holding off cabins, as we lose our deposit if we change our mind and it also seems that those in the know can grab all the best cabins whether they will eventually use them or not :( People are already posting about booking multiple cabins and holding cabins which they may or may not use - we just don't have that opportunity.

I just wish there was an even playing field.

:( Can you book a regular balcony, and then switch cabins if a JS comes available :confused:

Thanks for everyone who provided updates on the 2013 cruises. Just spoke to my wife--we are booking a b2b in Vision. Prices are great! I am assuming that the itineraries are the same as Brilliance is doing this year.

Now to figure out how to pay for it all (and a couple of pre-cruise days in Copenhagen)!

Bill

Right there with you! Examining finances now...never done a B2B but would love to. :D

Really, it's the airfare that's killer...

According to CP,the Vision TA is 17 nights........April 17th and arriving in Copenhagen May 4th..

Do you know what the stops are for that cruise now? I would really appreciate knowing where we go from here I wonder what the plan will be for the few that had already booked this cruise. Also does it show the prices?

Nancy

:eek: Thanks!!!!! ANOTHER YEAR!!!!!!!!!:D

I know :( I want to book Canada/New England for October 2014 and I hate having to wait a whole year to be able to. Well, maybe I won't have to wait a WHOLE year from now as I'm planning to book that cruise on Princess who release their itineraries earlier than Royal :D

I have to say that as a UK based cruiser I've found all this a little depressing. We had hoped to sail on the Boston to Tampa repositioning cruise, having done it last year but all the JS's and all the aft cabins had gone before I even knew they were open. We don't have the luxury of holding off cabins, as we lose our deposit if we change our mind and it also seems that those in the know can grab all the best cabins whether they will eventually use them or not :( People are already posting about booking multiple cabins and holding cabins which they may or may not use - we just don't have that opportunity.

I just wish there was an even playing field.

Even playing field not just for you but for many of us :(....I live on the west coast of the US..and have been watching for a JS on this cruise as well.."All Gone" I didn't stand a chance either, competing with east coasters and TA holding space and the time difference..Then by the time they release them the prices will be sky high :eek:..So you are not alone watching that ship sail away ;)

Do you know what the stops are for that cruise now? I would really appreciate knowing where we go from here I wonder what the plan will be for the few that had already booked this cruise. Also does it show the prices?

Nancy

FLL

6 sea days

Ponta Delgada, Azores

2 sea days

Cork (Cobh), Ireland

sea day

Paris (Le Havre), France

Bruges, (Zeebrugge), Belgium

Amsterdam, Netherlands

sea day

Oslo, Norway

Copenhagen, Denmark

No prices yet..

FLL

6 sea days

Ponta Delgada, Azores

2 sea days

Cork (Cobh), Ireland

sea day

Paris (Le Havre), France

Amsterdam, Netherlands

sea day

Oslo, Norway

Copenhagen, Denmark

No prices yet..

Thanks so much! You are awesome!

Nancy

If my memory serves me correctly the Mariner did three 15 day segments on it way to LA.

Your memory serves you quite well and they had serious problems filling any and all of those three segments. I suspect that they might have even more difficulty if they adopted the suggestion that they reposition via Europe, the Suez Canal, Asia and a transpacific. The phrase "once bitten, twice shy" seems applicable.:)

Even playing field not just for you but for many of us :(....I live on the west coast of the US..and have been watching for a JS on this cruise as well.."All Gone" I didn't stand a chance either, competing with east coasters and TA holding space and the time difference..Then by the time they release them the prices will be sky high :eek:..So you are not alone watching that ship sail away ;)

Not really. I'm in San Diego and not only scored a JS - but scored my favorite HA JS (there are only 2 on the ship).

Like concert tickets of old, sometimes you just gotta sit up and wait for the bell to get what you want - if you really wanna go.

But probably only by a very small amount. How would you get her there considering the financial disaster that was her previous around the Horn cruise from Florida to California?:confused: I don't think the new locks will be ready by then. In fact I haven't seen anything that indicates how close they are in keeping to the original schedule. Perhaps someone has recent information and can update us on their progress.

Financial disaster? My friend was on that cruise and it was fully sold out. Or do you have some insiders info?

Financial disaster? My friend was on that cruise and it was fully sold out. Or do you have some insiders info?

Negc is referring to when Mariner set sail from PC to Cali in 2009. She sailed in 3 segments 2 15 nighters and 1 16 night. One third of the staterooms where empty due to the height of the great recession. When she left Cali in 2011 she was full of passengers as most of the fear of depression had dissipated.

Remember at the time she went around the horn previously on her way to California, there was a sudden downturn in the economy and another ship doing regular trips around the horn. That was RD who very soon after Mariner continued on to CA. That Radiance cruise was at least as under booked as Mariner if not even more under booked.

Unless you are talking about a different Mariner cruise - I think a trip around the horn right now might prove to be popular and more profitable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree with you.

Remember at the time she went around the horn previously on her way to California, there was a sudden downturn in the economy and another ship doing regular trips around the horn. That was RD who very soon after Mariner continued on to CA. That Radiance cruise was at least as under booked as Mariner if not even more under booked.

Unless you are talking about a different Mariner cruise - I think a trip around the horn right now might prove to be popular and more profitable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have to agree - we are on only 1 segment of a 49 day around the horn on Grand Princess for Jan 2013 (Ft L to San fran) and it has been sold out for months with a waitlist over 500!

But probably only by a very small amount. How would you get her there considering the financial disaster that was her previous around the Horn cruise from Florida to California?:confused: I don't think the new locks will be ready by then. In fact I haven't seen anything that indicates how close they are in keeping to the original schedule. Perhaps someone has recent information and can update us on their progress.

The official target is/was Aug. 15, 2014 the 100th anniversary of the original opening. As of now the they are acknowledging a 6 month delay mainly due to a problem with the concrete. A close friend of mine who works for the Canal said he felt they would "officially" open on schedule, but real traffic would not commence at that time. He also added that there were significant incentives for the contractors if was completed on schedule, so maybe...... and then again maybe not:).

The official target is/was Aug. 15, 2014 the 100th anniversary of the original opening. As of now the they are acknowledging a 6 month delay mainly due to a problem with the concrete. A close friend of mine who works for the Canal said he felt they would "officially" open on schedule, but real traffic would not commence at that time. He also added that there were significant incentives for the contractors if was completed on schedule, so maybe...... and then again maybe not:).

THANKS for the update Bill. I've been lurking over at the Panama Canal Boards and very much appreciate your significant contributions there as well. :D

negc - Here is also a thread where I posted some web cam images as of May 17, 2012 of what the progress looks like.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1635993

THANKS for the update Bill. I've been lurking over at the Panama Canal Boards and very much appreciate your significant contributions there as well. :D

negc - Here is also a thread where I posted some web cam images as of May 17, 2012 of what the progress looks like.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1635993

Thanks for the photos. It is another amazing construction marvel. In anything this enormous a certain amount of delay is to be expected but it is good to see the progress that has already been made.:)

Keep it tidy kathy we are in there 13th and 20th july b2b! Thanks to your posting it was open as i had only spoken to them earlier on Tuesday to be told no try Thursday! :D

Kathy told me about your comments. lol We will be in the cabin 7/6 thru 7/13. I'll take good care of the cabin till you get there

Gary

Kathy told me about your comments. lol We will be in the cabin 7/6 thru 7/13. I'll take good care of the cabin till you get there

Gary

Hi Gary,

I am glad you booked it as i originally wanted 6th July and 13th july, not realising that the embarkation day in San Juan has swapped from Sunday to Saturday. We would have struggled to get there for the 6th due to work and school so the fact that Kathy posted it had been taken made me look more closely! We are so excited as we had that stateroom on Serenade of the Seas a few years ago from San Juan and it is fab the view coming in an out of the islands are amazing! Happy aft sailing! :D

Susan

FLL

6 sea days

Ponta Delgada, Azores

2 sea days

Cork (Cobh), Ireland

sea day

Paris (Le Havre), France

Amsterdam, Netherlands

sea day

Oslo, Norway

Copenhagen, Denmark

No prices yet..

Any idea when this cruise will be posted. I called RCi today and they have no information. What a shock. Lol

Seems like a lot of you have some "inside information", so I hope someone knows the answer to: what is going on with Navigator Jan., 2014? She is in dry dock in Nov. 2013 prior to her TA (which also is not shown yet) to Galveston. Two late Dec. cruises are showing, but the next cruise listed on the web site is Feb. 9!

Not really. I'm in San Diego and not only scored a JS - but scored my favorite HA JS (there are only 2 on the ship).

Like concert tickets of old, sometimes you just gotta sit up and wait for the bell to get what you want - if you really wanna go.

Congrats to you :)...What time did your phone call get through to RCI on PST ?

Seems like a lot of you have some "inside information", so I hope someone knows the answer to: what is going on with Navigator Jan., 2014? She is in dry dock in Nov. 2013 prior to her TA (which also is not shown yet) to Galveston. Two late Dec. cruises are showing, but the next cruise listed on the web site is Feb. 9!

I see some cruises in January but they are not available right now..

7 nighters Jan 5th,12th,19th and 26th..

Falmouth,Grand Cayman,Cozumel,3 sea days(for the 5th and 19th)

Roatan,Belize,Cozumel,3 sea days(12th and 26th) and Dec 15th,right after the TA.

Archived