2013/2014 Deployment Schedule(for bookings)

PH8

Sorry if I am missing it in this long and informative thread but, HAVE the cruises for December 2013 opened up? I don't see them listed on RCI. I'm curious as I'm trying to plan my 50th b-day cruise...want to start dreaming.:):):)

Not yet. If you are looking for year round Caribbean the new date is sometime this coming week.

I have no idea why there is a TBD next to seasonal caribbean cruises.

Last year they were out mid-april (which would be next week).

What is going on? Please don't suggest calling Royal - they have no answer other than what they are reading off of the sheet.

????

I think it's part of the Domino Effect thatI alluded to in post 440 above.

JW in Harwich is seasonal. If FR replaces her there but returns to PCN for the winter, then that is also a seasonal deployment.

MN/MJ/EN may all be shuffled short-term. I realize that short term is not the seasonal deployment they refer to, but if any of them is moved for a season or two, then, IMHO, that's seasonal.

NV in PCN? Year round or back to Europe for the summer?

LB in MIA? Ditto. Also, which itin? Replacing MJ or LB's itin from last year?

etc., etc., etc. :eek:

Good luck today to everyone waiting.

Personally, I think it's because they are moving ships around. With Adventure in Northern Europe, maybe they will keep Jewel in Tampa.

It is all down to money. If the ships are sailing full, they will add another or bigger. If they are not they will move them.

I still wish the Ta's will come out.

Alex (Moan over)

Well just doing some looking around on the RCI Web Site, I am beginning to wonder if there will be Southern cruises in October 2013 which is when I want to cruise next year. The Adventure & Serenade will be in Europe so unless they put another ship in San Juan this is not looking good. :( I don't get why they have downsized these popular Southern Routes!

Well just doing some looking around on the RCI Web Site, I am beginning to wonder if there will be Southern cruises in October 2013 which is when I want to cruise next year. The Adventure & Serenade will be in Europe so unless they put another ship in San Juan this is not looking good. :( I don't get why they have downsized these popular Southern Routes!

The ships usually come back from Europe in November, very tough to find an October sailing. This is timed for the end of Hurricane season. The Adventure already has the TA scheduled for November. I would not count on an October San Juan cruise.

The usual reason for this type of thing is that they have found, or at least they believe, that they can operate more profitably by deploying their fleet in other regions. Most probably these "popular Southern Routes" are neither as "popular" as you may believe or there is more profit to be had by sailing other itineraries. Not all the itineraries have been released so there remains a possibility that you will still be able to get the cruise you want. Good luck.:)

Brilliance are starting her year around traffic from San Juan this autumn, so it is a quite big chance that she will be there next autumn too.

I am patiently waiting for the Australia itineraries to be released for fall of 2013. I was not happy with the Celebrity sailings for Australia, so now waiting for RC. I know it will be one day this week, and hoping it is sooner rather than later!

I am waiting for those as well as the TAs. I actually like a couple of the Celebrity sailings that leave from either Sydney or Melbourne and then cruise around New Zealand. I could do that and then do an inland tour of Australia since that's the area I'd really like to see, and the cruise ships just don't ever seem to go to Alice Springs!:D

Brilliance are starting her year around traffic from San Juan this autumn, so it is a quite big chance that she will be there next autumn too.

Not in Oct. Brilliance's TA is in Sept. It goes to Cape Liberty where it does two months of Cape Liberty to Canada cruises. Then re-positions from Cape Liberty to San Juan at the beginning of November.

Brilliance goes into dry dock before is 2013 TA. When it comes back from Europe it looks like it will be doing Canada, Bermuda, and Caribbean cruises.

Not in Oct. Brilliance's TA is in Sept. It goes to Cape Liberty where it does two months of Cape Liberty to Canada cruises. Then re-positions from Cape Liberty to San Juan at the beginning of November.

Brilliance goes into dry dock before is 2013 TA. When it comes back from Europe it looks like it will be doing Canada, Bermuda, and Caribbean cruises.

Where are you getting this information from???? I don't see any of these schedules out yet for September, October or November of 2013. :confused:

I see that there is a Celebrity Summit Southern Cruise out of San Juan in October. Would anybody book this cruise in a Concierge Class Room or hang on to see what RCI is going to have??? The Summit seems to be an old ship even though it's been refurbished. I know I likeRadiance class ships and about to go on a The Freedom, so I don't want to be stuck on a ship I might not like just because the price appears to be cheaper.

Is there a particular reason everyone is waiting on baited breath for sailings over a year away? Maybe I'm a naive newbie, but what's the benefit of booking this early? I'm thinking of potentially reserving for an Australia cruise when they're released (since that's where BF and I have discussed doing our honeymoon) but wondering if there's a benefit to doing it now versus waiting until we are head deep in wedding planning?

Is there a particular reason everyone is waiting on baited breath for sailings over a year away? Maybe I'm a naive newbie, but what's the benefit of booking this early? I'm thinking of potentially reserving for an Australia cruise when they're released (since that's where BF and I have discussed doing our honeymoon) but wondering if there's a benefit to doing it now versus waiting until we are head deep in wedding planning?

The cost can be lower, you get the cabin you want, and since most cruises are fully refundable up to 75 days before sailing you have a lot more flexibility in your choices.

I see that there is a Celebrity Summit Southern Cruise out of San Juan in October. Would anybody book this cruise in a Concierge Class Room or hang on to see what RCI is going to have??? The Summit seems to be an old ship even though it's been refurbished. I know I likeRadiance class ships and about to go on a The Freedom, so I don't want to be stuck on a ship I might not like just because the price appears to be cheaper.
October 2013 - I'd wait. It's 18-months away; CC cabins will still be available in a couple weeks. Now, if you're concerned prices may go up or you could lose a certain cabin you want, then it doesn't hurt to book it on your own and cancel later if you decide to change to a RCCL ship.

I had hoped to see the Canada/New England cruises for 2013 last week, but only one was posted - for Aug. 31, 2013. I was looking forward to an October 2013 cruise. :(
At this point, until we see all the ship deployments, I wouldn't count out anything yet.;)

The Summit entered service in 2001 so she is not an older ship. As stated she just went through a major revitalization in January. The Brilliance is only one year newer and has not had an update. The other ship sailing out of San Juan for RCI is the Adventure and she entered service in 2001 and also has not had her revitalization yet.

The Summit entered service in 2001 so she is not an older ship. As stated she just went through a major revitalization in January. The Brilliance is only one year newer and has not had an update. The other ship sailing out of San Juan for RCI is the Adventure and she entered service in 2001 and also has not had her revitalization yet.

Yes but Adventure will be in Europe during that time and Brilliance isn't scheduled yet! Just thought it might be somebody on this board that would read my post and comment on if would be good to wait to see if a Radiance Class or another Voyager class RCI ship will be there or if I would be just as pleased to crusie on the Summit. Just trying to get feel.

Archived