2013/2014 Deployment Schedule(for bookings)

PH8

Janet: Thanks for the RCI app information. Jack loaded it on his iPad, and I'll load it later on my iPod.

dcward89: Thanks for your update. April 2nd is what the C&A rep told me this week, so at least we have a bit of consistency in the responses. "No later than 4 weeks from now"?! Let's hope it is Monday!

Kathy

Kathy, we're watching for the same cruise you are. Fingers are crossed that it's April 2. Four weeks from now we'll be on a cruise and may not be able to get a good cabin by the time we see it. :rolleyes:

Garry

Kathy, we're watching for the same cruise you are. Fingers are crossed that it's April 2. Four weeks from now we'll be on a cruise and may not be able to get a good cabin by the time we see it. :rolleyes:

Garry

Garry: Good; I thought you might be interested. We have mutual friends who are also interested in this cruise. In fact, I just emailed her before coming back to look at Cruise Critic! We are on an X cruise in three weeks from today. Hopefully the TA will be available for booking next week, so we don't have to be preoccupied with it while on our cruises. At least we will be on Celebrity, so we could "easily" book from there.

Kathy

Janet: Thanks for the RCI app information. Jack loaded it on his iPad, and I'll load it later on my iPod.

dcward89: Thanks for your update. April 2nd is what the C&A rep told me this week, so at least we have a bit of consistency in the responses. "No later than 4 weeks from now"?! Let's hope it is Monday!

Kathy

Kathy - just keep in mind that the schedule says "the week of" so it doesn't necessarily mean that they will be released on Monday. In fact the first few deployments have been announced on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. I think a large number of us will be on the phones to RCI the moment the westbound TAs (especially Jewel's) are announced. Good luck in getting your cabin of choice.:)

Kathy - just keep in mind that the schedule says "the week of" so it doesn't necessarily mean that they will be released on Monday. In fact the first few deployments have been announced on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. I think a large number of us will be on the phones to RCI the moment the westbound TAs (especially Jewel's) are announced. Good luck in getting your cabin of choice.:)

So are we going to be trying to out-phone each other again this year?? Who will get THE cabin???? LOL. :D :D :D

Garry

So are we going to be trying to out-phone each other again this year?? Who will get THE cabin???? LOL.

Garry

If it were left up to me, I'd defer to you and Bob, (sure I would;)) but Rita is a ferocious competitor when it comes to booking THE cabin. Before she left on her girls' cruise, she left me a list of cabins to book for us and several friends and clients if the books opened while she was away. She will be pleased to know that the books didn't open yet.:D:D:D

I'm actually more interested in learning what, if any, changes they will make to the itinerary in 2013. :)

If it were left up to me, I'd defer to you and Bob, (sure I would;)) but Rita is a ferocious competitor when it comes to booking THE cabin. Before she left on her girls' cruise, she left me a list of cabins to book for us and several friends and clients if the books opened while she was away. She will be pleased to know that the books didn't open yet.:D:D:D

I'm actually more interested in learning what, if any, changes they will make to the itinerary in 2013. :)

Are we sure that the Jewel will be doing the TA in 2013? There has been some talk about which ship will replace the Monarch. I am anxiously waiting too, as a group of us were on the Jewel last year with Kathy and Jack and want to book again next year if the itinerary looks good.

I didnt get to meet you last year, but maybe in 2013. I think you are a regular on this itinerary, right?

Luckily I am not as picky about my cabin as I will be on the Silhouette TA in three weeks so may have to book then. I want the good prices, though!

I think there are many people from the 2012 TA who are interested in booking again next year.

Anne

So are we going to be trying to out-phone each other again this year?? Who will get THE cabin???? LOL. :D :D :D

Garry

Just wanted to say hi Garry(i went by another screen name on the gardening thread elsewhere...but you can see my real name here and hope that rings a be:Dll

Are we sure that the Jewel will be doing the TA in 2013? There has been some talk about which ship will replace the Monarch. I am anxiously waiting too, as a group of us were on the Jewel last year with Kathy and Jack and want to book again next year if the itinerary looks good.

I didnt get to meet you last year, but maybe in 2013. I think you are a regular on this itinerary, right?

Luckily I am not as picky about my cabin as I will be on the Silhouette TA in three weeks so may have to book then. I want the good prices, though!

I think there are many people from the 2012 TA who are interested in booking again next year.

Anne

Nothing is close to being definite until the deployments are released but there has also been little to indicate that Jewel will not do this itinerary again in 2013. It certainly is popular and as you say there are many cruisers who are veterans with RCI in general and this ship and itinerary in particular. As long as they continue to offer it and seeing as how they seem to like to tweak it a bit each year, it will continue to sell well. Most recently I have heard speculation that Enchantment would replace Monarch and I would hope that this is correct. Sorry we didn't meet last year but there were so many CC people onboard it was virtually impossible to meet everyone. If Jewel does the TA in 2013, we will have to make it a point to get together.

We were on the Silhouette in February and found much to like about this beautiful ship. Only negatives we found were that storage space in our stateroom was ridiculously limited, and I thought that the buffet restaurant could use some restructuring to make it more user friendly. We also did not get full use of the outside decks because of the time of the year and the particular weather conditions when we sailed. You shouldn't have the same problems. The captain is a gem. If he is still the ship's master when you sail don't miss his remarks whenever he speaks (especially his remarks during the muster drill:D), the first night when he introduces his fellow officers, and his session in the theater where he answered questions from the audience was both entertaining and informative.

Nothing is close to being definite until the deployments are released but there has also been little to indicate that Jewel will not do this itinerary again in 2013. It certainly is popular and as you say there are many cruisers who are veterans with RCI in general and this ship and itinerary in particular. As long as they continue to offer it and seeing as how they seem to like to tweak it a bit each year, it will continue to sell well. Most recently I have heard speculation that Enchantment would replace Monarch and I would hope that this is correct. Sorry we didn't meet last year but there were so many CC people onboard it was virtually impossible to meet everyone. If Jewel does the TA in 2013, we will have to make it a point to get together.

We were on the Silhouette in February and found much to like about this beautiful ship. Only negatives we found were that storage space in our stateroom was ridiculously limited, and I thought that the buffet restaurant could use some restructuring to make it more user friendly. We also did not get full use of the outside decks because of the time of the year and the particular weather conditions when we sailed. You shouldn't have the same problems. The captain is a gem. If he is still the ship's master when you sail don't miss his remarks whenever he speaks (especially his remarks during the muster drill:D), the first night when he introduces his fellow officers, and his session in the theater where he answered questions from the audience was both entertaining and informative.

Thanks for the information about the Silhouette. I certainly hope you are correct about the Jewel. I would hate to miss sailing on her again. Also, they would have to find a replacement for the New England cruises.

Anne

Bill: The C&A rep actually told me "on April 2nd." I asked her "on April 2nd or the week of April 2nd"? And she responded, "I have it shown as on April 2nd." But we all know how that goes, especially since we have heard "this week, April 2nd, week of April 2nd, mid-April, and within the next 4 weeks." On the Enchantment earlier this month, the Future Cruise consultant told me "by May." Have you heard any information about which ship will replace the Enchantment in Baltimore if Enchantment replaces the Monarch? Celebrity already pulled ships from Baltimore (used to have Galaxy and then later Mercury), and I am hoping RCI will keep a ship in Baltimore (used to have Grandeur and now Enchantment). We have a vested interest as Baltimore is only a little over a 2-hour drive and makes for good "filler" cruises while we wait for our main cruises of the year.

Bill & Garry: You can have the choice cabins. I'm with Anne. Any decently located cabin will do. A good itinerary at a good price is what we are looking for with desirable embarkation and debarkation ports.

Kathy

toocruisin' - you got me all excited this morning. When I checked the boards a minute ago and saw there was a post on this thread I thought for sure it was THE thread...you know, the one that said the bookings are open for the 2013 cruises that we are all waiting for. Oh well...still waitin'.

I am so happy to read that others are impatiently waiting for the 2013 TA schedule. We were booked on the Jewel for 2012, but had to cancel & I am eager to see if the same itinerary is offered 2013. I call every day & pretty much get the same answer -not yet. I promise not to take any favorite cabins, just want to book!

Good luck everyone,

Bette

Just hung up with RCI...still not out yet. I'm going to die of anticipation until I get this booked.

...to have gotten you all excited, but I feel your pain; RCI is really dragging this out, but I guess that's part of the fun!!

I have a feeling that there won't be any surprises though, and we're looking at Venice so my guess is that it's going to be Vision class ships. That's fine with us as we sailed on Legend and really enjoyed the intimacy of the ship, and friendliness of the crew.

We are looking to book two balcony rooms mid-ship; anyone have a suggestion from experience on Grandeur or other Vision class?

Paul

I am not waiting for one of those TAs you all are but I am waiting for Fall 2013 Western Caribbean. I've read 3 different dates. Can anyone tell me what the latest word is...even though I know that is subject to change at the drop of a hat.

:rolleyes:

Thanks!

Bill: The C&A rep actually told me "on April 2nd." I asked her "on April 2nd or the week of April 2nd"? And she responded, "I have it shown as on April 2nd." But we all know how that goes, especially since we have heard "this week, April 2nd, week of April 2nd, mid-April, and within the next 4 weeks." On the Enchantment earlier this month, the Future Cruise consultant told me "by May."

Kathy

Ksthy, all I have to go by is their official announcement that the schedules would all be announced the "week of" and so far none of them have been released before Tuesday of the designated week. I kind of feel sorry for the RCI phone crew who are being bombarded with calls asking when various itineraries will be released.:) I'm reminded of a story told to me by a representative of the tourism office in a northern New England state, who, after answering the umpteenth call asking when the foliage change would occur, finally answered: "On October 3rd at exactly 2:15 pm'':D

Archived