Hotels offer free shuttle to Galveston cruise terminal

vbecky

There are a number of hotels that offer that. We are booked next week at the Hilton Garden. They have (or had when we booked) a special of $79/night... free parking & shuttle.

However, a free shuttle really shouldn't be a deciding factor, IMO... a taxi from most anywhere in Galveston to the pier is only about $10.. and quicker in most cases.

There are a number of hotels that offer that. We are booked next week at the Hilton Garden. They have (or had when we booked) a special of $79/night... free parking & shuttle.

However, a free shuttle really shouldn't be a deciding factor, IMO... a taxi from most anywhere in Galveston to the pier is only about $10.. and quicker in most cases.

The time we took the free Holiday Inn shuttle, the shuttle was quick going to the terminal, but we did have quite a wait when we got off the boat...we had just missed getting on the shuttle, but it filled up, so we had at least a 20 min or so wait for the next one. We've never had to wait for a taxi. I'd do the free shuttle again, but a taxi is probably quicker..unless you get lucky.:)

We stayed at the San Louis Resort. It was a beautiful hotel or resort. Would stay there again anytime. Their sister hotel Hilton offers a free shuttle. You can request your time. You just have to give a tip. Very classy place. We stayed there Feb 10 & Feb 11 this month. Even got to go to the Mardi Gras Parade and catch beads. I am glad I got to try Galveston area. I do find the ships a lot bumpier than in Florida. We have done 12 in Florida. This one was a lot bumpier. I loved the Magic. It was mostly at nite a couple nites. Beautiful ship. Would take it again .

Archived