Catagory 11 room on the Glory?

LuvTheSea14

We have sailed Carnival many times and we always got a balcony room or an extented balcony room. We decided to treat ourselves to a suite on our Glory cruise in July. Is the room much bigger than a balcony room on this class of ship or did we make a mistake spending the extra money? Thanks and no matter what we can't wait to go.

We have sailed Carnival many times and we always got a balcony room or an extented balcony room. We decided to treat ourselves to a suite on our Glory cruise in July. Is the room much bigger than a balcony room on this class of ship or did we make a mistake spending the extra money? Thanks and no matter what we can't wait to go.

if this is one of the mini-suites on Empress deck you will love it. It's huge, large balcony, outrageously large changing area, bathroom has a bidet and dual sinks. Friends booked 7228 on 3/26 sailing. I was never so envious, except, now we've done the same on Triumph in April 2006. Have fun!

if this is one of the mini-suites on Empress deck you will love it. It's huge, large balcony, outrageously large changing area, bathroom has a bidet and dual sinks. Friends booked 7228 on 3/26 sailing. I was never so envious, except, now we've done the same on Triumph in April 2006. Have fun!

The category eleven cabins do not have the dual sinks or bidet. They are only in the category twelve suites which are located on the same deck.

To the OP, they are a good size room and IMHO they are worth the extra money for the space. The bathroom has a tub where the regular cabins have only a shower. The balcony was about fifteen feet long if I remember correctly.

7228 on the Glory is a handicapped cabin. The normal Cat 11 is 275 sq ft. Cabin 7228 is 475 sq ft with dual sinks, tub and a few other amenities not found in a typical Cat 11, but IMHO still worth the extra $$.

7228 on the Glory is a handicapped cabin. The normal Cat 11 is 275 sq ft. Cabin 7228 is 475 sq ft with dual sinks, tub and a few other amenities not found in a typical Cat 11, but IMHO still worth the extra $$.

although the deck plan doesn't corroborate your statement, I think you are correct. 7228 was not 275 sq ft - it was huge! Don't recall seeing handicap accessories other than no steps. In any case, I'm sure the extra $$ for the additional 90 sq ft will be well worth it!

Most deck plans I found show a blank area fwd of the cabin this is accounts for the approx 200 sq ft extra. The biggest reason we saw for the extra room was to make it wheel chair friendly. We had cabins 7228 and 7230 last May on the Glory. The extra footage is really nice when you have the kids and grand kids with you. We had them open the balconies so we had one gigantic balcony to relax on and have our morning coffee.

Archived