Will our May 5 cruise be a ghost town compared to usual amount of people??

Rhitson88

Me and my wife were wondering it's kind of an awkward time for alot of people. And especially people with kids. We are not party people (I know, 23 and not a party person, but I guess having kids will do that to you...or it should anyways lol). So we don't really care how many people are on. But its after spring break and just weeks before everyone gets out of school so parents probably aren't gonna be taking their children out to cruise just before they are out of school for the summer. Just wondering what other peoples experiences are cruising in May as I haven't ever cruised in May. Thanks.

May is a great time for cruising and our preference (as you can see from our previous sailings) as the weather is usually very gorgeous and yes I agree with Host Mach, the prices are very reasonable & the ship will be full.

You can go to the roll call forum to get an idea of some of the people that will be on your cruise.

Happy Sailing to you!

We will be on the Dream with you along with our 2 kids. As others have said, the price is just too good to pass up this time of year. Our oldest is in kindergarten and his school is great about traveling during the school year. They consider is to be globalization for the kids and just as important as their school work. We cruised at this same time last year and we saw lots of kids on the ship though not as many as the summer months I'm sure. You will love the Dream. It will be our second time on her.

As you can already tell many members prefer to cruise in May, and I am one as well. I believe you will have a great time! In fact, as you can tell my signature I will be getting on a cruise ship on the same day, just further south from where you will get on. Enjoy!!

Archived