Port Everglades Marathon March 31 2012

tommy

After reading the post about the people who missed the ship in New Orleans because of Mardi Gras I decided to research our sailing date There is a marathon schedule to be at Port Everglades Does anyone know how this will impact sailing that day

I don't want the same thing to happen to us as it did to the people in New Orleans I didn't know it was Mardi gras either I did check Easter We return that day

Deb

It's called the A1A marathon. http://a1amarathon.com/

Are you coming in the morning of the cruise or the day before? I have friends running this one and while I didn't think about it, what a great way to recover after a marathon than a cruise! I'm sure the link below has a course map. Know that most marathons start very early and most people are done within 4-5 hours (I haven't run this one.) If you know where you are staying check out the course map, the airport and surrounding hotels are close to the cruise port. I'm off to look at the course map, I'm guessing there won't be any interuption between the airport and port everglades.

http://sflracecalendar.com/event/seafarers-house-port-everglades-5k-runwalk-bbq-fort-lauderdale-saturday-march-31-2012/

It's a 5k fun walk/run and bbq. Funny how they say "A Twilight 5K Run/Walk through Port Everglades past some of the largest cruise ships in the world! Join us for this fun event in a unique venue!" but it starts at 630pm after the ships have sailed.

Ah, a 5k, to a lot of non-runners everything is a marathon and with a marathon being 26 miles and frequently requiring lots of street closings it would be a concern, but a 5k starting at 6pm should be no problem for you.

Archived