Can we talk shoes?

jacksmom09

I'm going on a 5 day cruise....and knowing me I'm probably gonna end up taking 6 or 7 pairs of shoes b/c I need to have options! (4 heels, 2-3 sandals)

Here's two of them:

cruiseshoes1.png

cruiseshoes.png

got them both for under $50!

those are awesome.

Thanks! I love both pair of yours, especially the pink and red!

I love the gold sandals! They will be a good neutral to wear with lots!

Thank you! I can't wait to wear them :)

I always take too many shoes, so I've decided to take only 5 pair on my upcoming Mediterranean cruise:

• Black pumps
  • Black dressy flats
  • Brown walking shoes
  • White tennis shoes
  • Brown Fit Flops (double as slippers)

I just ordered these http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/cole-haan-air-talia-mid-pump/3098975?origin=category&resultback=1490 pumps and they are really comfortable. I think they're the ideal pumps for a cruise since the heel is not too high, yet still feminine, and they have some kind of non-skid strips on the sole which adds a little stability if the ship gets a little rocky.

All my evening clothes can be worn with black shoes and all my daytime clothes can be worn with brown or white shoes, so I don't have to stress about packing shoes that will go with different outfits.

I always take too many shoes, so I've decided to take only 5 pair on my upcoming Mediterranean cruise:

• Black pumps
  • Black dressy flats
  • Brown walking shoes
  • White tennis shoes
  • Brown Fit Flops (double as slippers)

I just ordered these http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/cole-haan-air-talia-mid-pump/3098975?origin=category&resultback=1490 pumps and they are really comfortable. I think they're the ideal pumps for a cruise since the heel is not too high, yet still feminine, and they have some kind of non-skid strips on the sole which adds a little stability if the ship gets a little rocky.

All my evening clothes can be worn with black shoes and all my daytime clothes can be worn with brown or white shoes, so I don't have to stress about packing shoes that will go with different outfits.

That is such a classic:)

What shoes are you wearing on the long flight? I am going to the

Med in May and usually wear a slip on....like a loafer with no back.

I have an old pair of Rockports in leather and they are so soft

(after years or wear) but are still in pretty good condition:D

They always work great for flying:)

I just bought these crochet wedges that I'm very excited to wear:

http://www.luckybrand.com/Ridgeview-Wedge/LBA02102,default,pd.html?cgid=womensShoes&selectedColor=001

They're high, but far more comfortable than you would think.

I have several pairs of flip flops that I'm taking (the Yellow Box brand from Belk - they're very comfortable and actually have some arch support).

I don't have a picture of them, but I have a great pair of teal espadrilles that I'm going to wear with a vintage 1940s dress that my husband bought me last summer :) If only I could figure out how to do a 40s hairstyle....

I just bought these crochet wedges that I'm very excited to wear:

http://www.luckybrand.com/Ridgeview-Wedge/LBA02102,default,pd.html?cgid=womensShoes&selectedColor=001

They're high, but far more comfortable than you would think.

I have several pairs of flip flops that I'm taking (the Yellow Box brand from Belk - they're very comfortable and actually have some arch support).

I don't have a picture of them, but I have a great pair of teal espadrilles that I'm going to wear with a vintage 1940s dress that my husband bought me last summer :) If only I could figure out how to do a 40s hairstyle....

Super cute shoes!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE shoes, but last year on my Mediterranean cruise I took WAY to many pairs and regretted the space they took up in my suitcase that I could have bought wonderful souvenirs to bring home. I didn't end up wearing even half of them and had to lug them around on my land tour after the cruise. This year I am taking a Greek isles cruise followed by 2 weeks in Italy by train. I am only going to take 2 pairs of cute, comfy, flat, walking sandals (one white, one black) and a pair of water shoes for the pebbly beaches. No way am I taking a pair of heels that I would only wear one night. On the formal night last year, I wore my heels through dinner, and then ditched them immediately afterward for cute flats because my feet were killing me after walking all over Rome the day before!

That is such a classic:)

What shoes are you wearing on the long flight? I am going to the

Med in May and usually wear a slip on....like a loafer with no back.

I have an old pair of Rockports in leather and they are so soft

(after years or wear) but are still in pretty good condition:D

They always work great for flying:)

I have a pair of black Clarks Privo Tequini's http://www.amazon.com/Clarks-Womens-Tequini-Slip--Nubuck/dp/B004OQISVY/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1330496397&sr=1-1-catcorr, and they are really comfortable. I think I'm going to buy some in brown for my Med cruise.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE shoes, but last year on my Mediterranean cruise I took WAY to many pairs and regretted the space they took up in my suitcase that I could have bought wonderful souvenirs to bring home. I didn't end up wearing even half of them and had to lug them around on my land tour after the cruise. This year I am taking a Greek isles cruise followed by 2 weeks in Italy by train. I am only going to take 2 pairs of cute, comfy, flat, walking sandals (one white, one black) and a pair of water shoes for the pebbly beaches. No way am I taking a pair of heels that I would only wear one night. On the formal night last year, I wore my heels through dinner, and then ditched them immediately afterward for cute flats because my feet were killing me after walking all over Rome the day before!

So true...I am with you:) Bought lots fo fantastic flat shoes on my trip...and as you say walking around Rome and any European town with cobblestones is not for high heels at the end of that day:p;)

Totally agree. My first Med cruise I started in Paris and then took the train to Rome prior to the cruise.... you have to be able to lug your bags onto and off of the train. And let's not forget securing while aboard. I had a sleeper car, but the space was tight once they made up the bed.

I am still in my planning phase, so I know that I will take one or two pairs of heels which I will wear to dinner while aboard, cute flats for the other evenings and of course a specific walking shoe for excusions.

I try to plan ahead because of all of the walking, etc., but I will and have added shoes while in Italy, Turkey and Paris to suit my needs. I just try to remember that shoes add additional weight, but we all do what we like -- so there isn't a right or wrong.

I have a pair of black Clarks Privo Tequini's http://www.amazon.com/Clarks-Womens-Tequini-Slip--Nubuck/dp/B004OQISVY/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1330496397&sr=1-1-catcorr, and they are really comfortable. I think I'm going to buy some in brown for my Med cruise.

Love those, Privo's are so comfortable.

I don't think I'd walk around in port all day in stilettos (although living in an older US city, I have dealt with going out at night and attempting not to stumble on cobblestones after I've had a cocktail or two...). At night on board, though, I'm all about the heels. I wear them for an average of 8 to 9 hours a day at work, so I've gotten to the point where they just don't bother me anymore. They have to be good quality, comfortable shoes, though. I've come to the conclusion that you get what you pay for with shoes - I won't buy from places like Payless anymore. They kill my feet.

Holy cow, with the heels you girls are wearing! I would love to wear cute shoes, but with all the foot issues I have, the most limiting of which is completely flat arches and weak ankles, those kinds of heels are a no-go for me. Most shoes don't look good on my flat feet. :( I have some really cute peep toe shoes with a lower heel that I bought at Ross the other day, and even that is a big deal for me, because I normally refuse to wear any shoes that show my toes. (I know, I'm a freak.) The other limiting factor is my shoe size! I wear a 10 1/2 or 11 wide. (My brother-in-law calls them Tree Climbers. He's such a charmer. :/ )

These, though, I would love to find in yellow or natural and see if I could wear them:

035B678230200001?hei=315&wid=315&op_sharpen=1&resMode=sharp&op_usm=0.9,0.5,0,0

Where is a good place to get TOMS at a cheaper rate, or get TOMS knock-offs?

Holy cow, with the heels you girls are wearing! I would love to wear cute shoes, but with all the foot issues I have, the most limiting of which is completely flat arches and weak ankles, those kinds of heels are a no-go for me. Most shoes don't look good on my flat feet. :( I have some really cute peep toe shoes with a lower heel that I bought at Ross the other day, and even that is a big deal for me, because I normally refuse to wear any shoes that show my toes. (I know, I'm a freak.) The other limiting factor is my shoe size! I wear a 10 1/2 or 11 wide. (My brother-in-law calls them Tree Climbers. He's such a charmer. :/ )

These, though, I would love to find in yellow or natural and see if I could wear them:

035B678230200001?hei=315&wid=315&op_sharpen=1&resMode=sharp&op_usm=0.9,0.5,0,0

Where is a good place to get TOMS at a cheaper rate, or get TOMS knock-offs?

BBM

ebay!!!

I just got a pair of new Clark's sandals yesterday:) They are the

Indigo Brand and I love them....best of all, they were free:D

http://www.clarksusa.com/eng/product/tres_belle/61223

I am thinking the gals who wear the super high heels would not like

the picture...but maybe there are some of you who would;)

DD, it's called pewter according to the website. I'm looking forward to seeing them in person!

I love pewter, it can be dressed up or down. I'd love to see a close-up of the shoe and your dress selection once you get them, if you don't mind sharing.

I LOVE shoes and I have to limit myself on how many I bring on the cruise. I also tend to love platform heels, NOT the best choice for sight seeing and walking around a cruise ship. So I have to find comfortable CUTE shoes to wear sight seeing and then during the day on the cruise. For the evening shoes trying to take 1 -2 pair only and coordinate my outfits to those.

I did find one cute tennis shoe (but its really flat) so not sure how comfortable it will be for sightseeing.

My Plan is to wear these tennis shoes, then pack 2-sandals and 2 evening shoes.

My son will pack 1 pair of black dress shoes, wear his tennis shoes, then pack 1-2 pair of flip flops, well he might need a pair of causal shoes to wear to dinner.

Only planning to dress up for dinner 1-2 nights, the other nights will be casual wear to dinner.= Sundress for me, nice shirt & shorts for son.

Very good combination! I like both and the shoe looks like you can wear with other colors as well, periwinkle, slate, ivory. Perfect addition.

eta, I didn't see your comment about your legs, but I understand. My sister has vericose veins and she has to wear support hose for compression.

Lois, Clark's are about the most comfortable shoes out there!

Hi:) yes, I know:D

I know high heels have been in style since the beginning of time

but I am the group who doesn't buy them. Of course, the shoe

industry doesn't care if I do or don't because they have such a

large cleintle;)

I do see TONS of cute flats, so I know you can get them. Unfortunately, you're probably not going to find HAWT and THEXTHAY flats. :p;)

Ahhh...that is why I posted what I did....we all have our priorities

in life;). I really don't care about wearing hot and sexy shoes....:p

I buy what I like...I do wear a heel..a slight one....some are cute too:D

I like a wedge but not a BIG one......

Different strokes for different folks:)

I LOVE shoes and I have to limit myself on how many I bring on the cruise. I also tend to love platform heels, NOT the best choice for sight seeing and walking around a cruise ship. So I have to find comfortable CUTE shoes to wear sight seeing and then during the day on the cruise. For the evening shoes trying to take 1 -2 pair only and coordinate my outfits to those.

I did find one cute tennis shoe (but its really flat) so not sure how comfortable it will be for sightseeing.

My Plan is to wear these tennis shoes, then pack 2-sandals and 2 evening shoes.

My son will pack 1 pair of black dress shoes, wear his tennis shoes, then pack 1-2 pair of flip flops, well he might need a pair of causal shoes to wear to dinner.

Only planning to dress up for dinner 1-2 nights, the other nights will be casual wear to dinner.= Sundress for me, nice shirt & shorts for son.

Don't you just love planning for vacation! I find it is the only thing keeping me sane on some of my challenging days at work. :D Even if its digging in the closet, or a little retail therapy, it's great!

Or and Lois, I beg to differ, there are some "hawt" and "sexy" flats out there. As long as the shoe is built for comfort along with any appeal that it has to you... hey!

Actually, a kitten heel could be as small as 1" and offer some flair for a formal dress or jumpsuit.

Oh, I am not looking for heels...I have some dressy flats....black patent

leather peep toes work fine for me.:)...they do have about a 1 inch...maybe 1-1/4

heel and are very, very comfy and quite pretty too.:)

Jumpsuit? We must be in a different peer group;) I have not worn one

of the those in years and years......

Archived