22 Carnival Cruise Passengers Robbed in Puerto Vallarta

DaytonCruiser

Wow, really. Do you work for the Mexican government?

No, but I live part time in Mexico, in Cabo San Lucas.

And I'm sorry, but I keep going back to the incident in St Thomas where an actual cruise ship passenger was killed, and that has not happened in any Mexico port, yet once anything out of the ordinary happens in a Mexico port, they pull ships. I really just don't get it. Yes the drug cartels are scary, and doing bad things, but IMHO, no different than many places in the Caribbean.

You seriously aren't going to repost every other post on this thread.... Are you? If so,, please put it all in one post. That would be more convenient.

Sorry if I troubled you. Have you been to the ports from the West Coast? Different than what you sail from in LA.

People asked my why I thought they were picking on Mexico and I pulled a few post that I though supported my statement.

I agree......its no longer a debate or election based on integrity, track record and proposed actions.........its about "who's the best liar". THATS who gets in, the person that does the best "smoke & mirror" show during their campaign. The one that hides their infidelity's and corrupt past the best.

Shoot......you dont even need to be born here any more......just sayin...

The other crazy thing is if a politician is caught doing drugs the news media wants to crucify them. How comes Hollywood gets a free pass for drugs and molesting kids?

Dave

Next thing we know CWcruisers will be blaming the people on the bus for ruining Mexico's perfect reputation. After all if they had not said anything, no one would know about it.

I never said that Mexico had a perfect reputation, all I am saying is that alot of places that cruise ships go do not, but the moment anything happens in Mexico, it is front page news.

My real reason for rebelling against any negative Mexico news is that I do not want to loose any more ships from the West Coast.

Wow, it seemed like it was not that long ago. It just stuck with me with him being a Marine veteran. And that the mother of the robber wanted him put in jail.

Dave

That was probably one of the most surreal experiences I've had on a cruise. It wasn't a Carnival excursion. There were all sorts of discussions aboard among the passengers, but nothing "official" announced. And then there we were, in our cabin on the last sea day, watching the morning news and watching a story about our cruise while we were still aboard. Would that event keep me from sailing to Costa Rica again? Absolutely not. Beautiful country. However, sorry to say I'd think twice about Mexico other than Cozumel.

I never said that Mexico had a perfect reputation, all I am saying is that alot of places that cruise ships go do not, but the moment anything happens in Mexico, it is front page news.

My real reason for rebelling against any negative Mexico news is that I do not want to loose any more ships from the West Coast.

Don't blame you, we did a Mex Riv two years ago with Cabo, PR and Maz and had a great time. We had no problems and ate some of the best Mexican food ever in PR and Maz. Hopefully they will clean things up there, you can't blame people for being worried of all the things going on there now.

That was probably one of the most surreal experiences I've had on a cruise. It wasn't a Carnival excursion. There were all sorts of discussions aboard among the passengers, but nothing "official" announced. And then there we were, in our cabin on the last sea day, watching the morning news and watching a story about our cruise while we were still aboard. Would that event keep me from sailing to Costa Rica again? Absolutely not. Beautiful country. However, sorry to say I'd think twice about Mexico other than Cozumel.

O. K. so you say I'm sensitive about people picking on Mexico? Here is another statement.

What I want people to understand is that Mexico is a big country. There is more to it than the "problem" areas. And for the good folks that only sail from Fl on the Western Caribbean, there is more than Cozumel.:)

I agree! I really don't wanna have to fly east to take a cruise. A cold Alaska cruise or a long (and expensive) cruise to Hawaii isn't really my speed. I like Mexican cruises that leave from my "backyard."

Cruise lines are in the business of making money, if they can make more money in another region, they will move ships and do so.

It will be interesting to hear what Carnival does with the PV ports of call coming up.

Don't blame you, we did a Mex Riv two years ago with Cabo, PR and Maz and had a great time. We had no problems and ate some of the best Mexican food ever in PR and Maz. Hopefully they will clean things up there, you can't blame people for being worried of all the things going on there now.

Gracias!:D

I understand the worry, I'm just trying to get others to understand, tourist areas are safe and please, please, please, keep coming.:D

Cruise lines are in the business of making money, if they can make more money in another region, they will move ships and do so.

It will be interesting to hear what Carnival does with the PV ports of call coming up.

I agree with you, and I am a CCL stockholder, so I am very interested in what happens, but I also live on the West Coast and in Mexico, so I am also watching out for both their bottom lines also.

I agree! I really don't wanna have to fly east to take a cruise. A cold Alaska cruise or a long (and expensive) cruise to Hawaii isn't really my speed. I like Mexican cruises that leave from my "backyard."

Me too Martini Mom. I am booked on the Splendor to Cabo/Cabo and Pv on Sept 16. I have a home in Cabo, why would I cruise to Cabo?:confused::confused:

Because I like to cruise and I don't want to spend another $3K for flights , hotel, transportation etc. I won't even go to my home, I will sit on my balcony drinking Red Frog Beer, but if some had their way, they would deny me that joy.

I do not want to loose any more cruises out of So. Cal. either. I love cruising, and go for the cruise, more than for the ports. I would love to see more Pacific Coast cruises like Princess is doing, as my husbands medical condition makes it hard for us to fly.

But CWcruisers you were posting, posting, posting, ranting about people's opinions. When individuals climb on a bus full of tourist, with guns and rob them it is news, where ever it may happen. It is not the first time something bad has happened in Mexico. I went back and checked on a thread from Sept. 2011 talking about loss of ports due to problems. If the cruise lines did not take precautions to keep us safe you would really see a lot of posts. You feel safe in Mexico, good for you.

The cruises out of California are in a bad place right now. Mexico cruising from the West is just not as good as it used to be. I have cruised many times from California as I am local and I have been to Mexico many times via car, plane and boat. Mexico is in a state of war between the good the bad and the ugly and the ugly seem to be winning. Mexico used to be a great way to be able to cruise without having to fly to the East Coast for us from California. In 2011 we sailed on 2 cruises to Mexico...and decided they will be our last. So now I am looking at Seattle as airfare would be next to nothing and the cruise to Alaska is very nice as we have cruised before from Anchorage. It is just very sad for Mexico. For the most part, the people in Mexico are very nice people who work hard to support their families. The too are caught in the crossfire and the tourism leaving will hurt the local economy of Mexico.

Doubt it. If things get really bad, maybe can you say "Pacific coastal cruise" aka swine flu detour cruise.

I hope not. I live here and have already seen the Pacific Coast over and over. Mexico is already a plan B for us. A tour of the west coast would suck for us.

But CWcruisers you were posting, posting, posting, ranting about people's opinions. When individuals climb on a bus full of tourist, with guns and rob them it is news, where ever it may happen. It is not the first time something bad has happened in Mexico. I went back and checked on a thread from Sept. 2011 talking about loss of ports due to problems. If the cruise lines did not take precautions to keep us safe you would really see a lot of posts. You feel safe in Mexico, good for you.

Poolreader, thank you for your very nice post, and you may think I am ranting, but for good reason. Did you see the post I mentioned where the same thing happened in Costa Rica on a cruise ship sponsered excursion?

Did you look for the threads about St Thomas or Jamaica or any other ports that people have talked about being dangerous. You will see them and you will see post from people that would rather cruise Mexico than Jamaica. But the big bucks are on the Eastern Cruises.

It is just very sad for Mexico. For the most part, the people in Mexico are very nice people who work hard to support their families. The too are caught in the crossfire and the tourism leaving will hurt the local economy of Mexico.

Yes, they are some of the greatest people in the world, and I have been fortunate enough to travel most of the world.

The crossfire is not everywhere.

Archived